Steely Dan - Gaucho album
Style: Fusion, Pop Rock, Jazz-Rock, Smooth Jazz
Date of release: 1986
Size MP3: 1757 mb
Size FLAC: 1182 mb
Format: WMA DTS MIDI MP3 VOX ASF WAV
Gaucho is the seventh studio album by the American rock band Steely Dan, released on November 21, 1980, by MCA Records. The sessions for Gaucho represent the band's typical penchant for studio perfectionism and obsessive recording technique. To record the album, the band used at least 42 different musicians, spent over a year in the studio, and far exceeded the original monetary advance given by the record label.
by Steely Dan. Label MCA Records.
Gaucho is the seventh studio album from Steely Dan and their last album before they disbanded. It had been a three year period between their last album Aja ( 1977) and Gaucho which was a bit unusual because Steely Dan had released albums every year between 1972 and 1977. The music is business as usual which means that itīs jazzy and laid back pop/ rock. Itīs very commercial music but still sophisticated enough to slightly interest me.
Steely Dan : Gaucho,альбом, рецезия, трек-лист, mp3, тексты песен. 3. Glamour Profession. Steely Dan. Узнать больше. Other productions from Steely Dan. Everything Must Go. Two Against Nature.
Tracklist: 1. Babylon Sisters, 2. Hey Nineteen, 3. Glamour Profession, 4. Gaucho, 5. Time Out Of Mind, 6. My Rival, 7. Third World Ma.
Steely Dan is one of the most important bands to come out of the 70’s. Their unique approach to pop music–a slick combination of jazz, off-center chord progressions, meticulous arrangements, and introspective lyrics–has left an indelible stamp on the world of music. The band essentially created their own genre; they didn’t allow outside influences to change their artistic output, and they maintained a stylistic integrity throughout their career, even apologizing for their own recordings that they felt were sub-par.
Steely Dan. Released 1980.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Horns] – Rob MounseyBacking Vocals – Diva Grey*, Gordon Grody, Lani Groves, Leslie Miller, Patti Austin, Toni WineBass – Chuck RaineyBass Clarinet – George Marge, Walter Kane*Drums – Bernard PurdieElectric Piano, Clavinet – Don GrolnickGuitar – Steve KhanPercussion – Crusher Bennett*Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Clarinet – Tom ScottTrumpet, Flugelhorn – Randy Brecker
Backing Vocals – Frank Floyd, Zack Sanders*Bass – Walter BeckerDrums – Rick MarottaElectric Piano, Synthesizer – Donald FagenGuitar – Hugh McCracken, Walter BeckerPercussion – Steve Gadd, Victor Feldman
Backing Vocals – Frank Floyd, Leslie Miller, Valerie Simpson, Zack Sanders*Bass – Anthony JacksonDrums – Steve GaddElectric Piano, Synthesizer – Donald FagenGuitar – Steve KhanPercussion – Ralph McDonald*Piano – Rob MounseyTenor Saxophone – Michael BreckerTenor Saxophone, Lyricon, Arranged By [Horns] – Tom Scott
Backing Vocals – Leslie Miller, Patti Austin, Valerie SimpsonBass, Guitar, Soloist – Walter BeckerDrums – Jeff PorcaroElectric Piano, Synthesizer – Donald FagenGuitar – Steve KhanPercussion – Crusher Bennett*Piano – Rob MounseyTenor Saxophone, Arranged By [Horns] – Tom ScottTrumpet – Randy Brecker
|5||Time Out Of Mind
Alto Saxophone – David SanbornBacking Vocals – Leslie Miller, Michael McDonald, Patti Austin, Valerie SimpsonBaritone Saxophone – Ronny Cuber*Bass, Guitar – Walter BeckerDrums – Rick MarottaElectric Piano, Synthesizer – Donald FagenGuitar – Hugh McCrackenGuitar, Soloist – Mark KnopflerPiano, Arranged By [Horns] – Rob MounseyTenor Saxophone – Dave Tofani, Michael BreckerTrumpet – Randy Brecker
Backing Vocals – Frank Floyd, Valerie Simpson, Zack Sanders*Bass – Anthony JacksonDrums – Steve GaddElectric Piano – Patrick Rebillot*Flugelhorn – Randy BreckerGuitar – Hiram Bullock, Rick DerringerGuitar, Soloist – Steve KhanOrgan, Synthesizer – Donald FagenPercussion – Ralph McDonald*Tenor Saxophone – Michael BreckerTenor Saxophone, Lyricon, Arranged By [Horns] – Tom ScottTimbales – Nicholas Marrero*Trombone – Wayne Andre
|7||Third World Man
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Steve KhanBass – Chuck RaineyDrums – Steve GaddElectric Piano – Joe SampleGuitar, Soloist – Larry CarltonSynthesizer – Rob Mounsey
- Manufactured By – Warner-Pioneer Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records, Inc. – MCAD-37220 DIDX 56
- Copyright (c) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Soundworks, New York
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Recorded At – Sigma Sound Studios, New York
- Recorded At – Automated Sound Studios
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Recorded At – Producers Workshop
- Mixed At – A&R Studios
- Mixed At – The Village Recorder
- Glass Mastered At – DADC Austria
- Arranged By [Rhythm] – Don Grolnick, Paul Griffin, Rob Mounsey, Steely Dan
- Design [Album], Art Direction – Susanne Walsh
- Design [Assistant] – John Tom Cohoe
- Engineer [Assistant] – Barbara Issak, Carla Bandini, Craig Goetsch, Georgie Offrell, Gerry Gabinelli, John (Doc) Dougherty*, John Potoker, Linda Randazzo, Marti Robertson*, Rosa Howell, Tom Greto
- Engineer [Executive, Overdub] – Roger Nichols
- Engineer [Overdub] – Jerry Garszza*
- Lead Vocals, Music By, Lyrics By – Donald Fagen
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Elliot Scheiner
- Music By, Lyrics By – Walter Becker
- Photography By – René Burri
- Producer – Gary Katz
- Sequenced By, Effects – Roger Nichols, Wendel Jr.
- Technician [Piano] – Don Farrar
- Tracking By – Bill Schnee, Elliot Scheiner
- Translated By [Italian Translation] – Victor Di Suvero
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 32XD-394 11A3 +++++
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 32XD-394 11 +++++
- Other (Plastic sticky): Obi
- Other (Price): ¥3,200
|MCA-6102||Steely Dan||Gaucho (LP, Album)||MCA Records||MCA-6102||US||1980|
|VDP-26||Steely Dan||Gaucho (CD, Album, RE)||MCA Records||VDP-26||Japan||1984|
|MCA-16009||Steely Dan||Gaucho (LP, Album, RE, RM)||MCA Records||MCA-16009||US||1981|
|112 055-2||Steely Dan||Gaucho (CD, Album, RE, RM)||MCA Records||112 055-2||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|UICY-3094||Steely Dan||Gaucho (CD, Album, RE, RM, Pap)||MCA Universal||UICY-3094||Japan||2001|