Mario Pavone - Sharpeville album
Style: Free Jazz, Post Bop
Date of release: 2000
Country: USA & Canada
Size MP3: 1618 mb
Size FLAC: 1414 mb
Format: VOX VOC AAC DMF TTA MP1 AHX
Mario Pavone's Sharpeville was originally released in 1988 by his Alacra label, and reissued by Playscape in 2000. While the music is bracingly free and "outside," Pavone's compositions have a coherence that is readily grasped by the attentive listener
Mario Pavone – Sharpeville. Label: Playscape Recordings – PSR.Format: CD, Reissue, Remastered. Originally released on Alacra Records in 1988. Recorded September 8, 1985 (except Sharpeville, recorded live at Saint Peters Jazz Church, NYC January 6, 1985).
Mario Pavone: Sharpeville by AAJ Staff, published on February 1, 2001. The title track, actually the entire disc, is inspired by the violence in the Sharpeville Township, South Africa, during what then would seem the never-ending apartheid. The music, happily, does not take the easy way out by appropriating township rhythms, just some of the sounds of South African jazzers; this is top-drawer jazz improv. Sharpeville was recorded live at St. Peter’s Church with personnel different from the rest of the disc: Mark Whitecage on alto, Peter McEachern on ‘bone, and John Betsch on drums. It’s an especially strong piece, with an interesting head, and the always on-it.
Mario Pavone - Double 03:15. Mario Pavone - Three M 01:34. Mario Pavone - Sharpeville 05:09. Mario Pavone - Chimera 06:51. Mario Pavone - Bi Cycle 05:20. Mario Pavone - Bass Balad 01:16. Mario Pavone - Two Flutes 03:15. Mario Pavone - Aku 03:20. Mario Pavone - Ark Two 05:15. Mario Pavone - 4 Up, 1 Down 04:05. Vertical - Dave Ballou, Mario Pavone, Mario Pavone sextet, Oscar Noriega, Peter McEachern, Tony Malaby. Trio Arc - Mario Pavone.
Recorded September 8, 1985 (except 'Sharpeville, recorded live at Saint Peters Jazz Church, NYC January 6, 1985). Thanks to snobb for the addition. No release results found : showing artist results instead. Chrome Playscape Recordings 2017.
Mario Pavone - Sharpeville (1985) 05 - Two Flutes. Mario Pavone - Sharpeville (1985) 10 - 4 Up, 1 Down. Mario Pavone - Sharpeville (1985) 02 - Bass Ballad.
1. Mario Pavone - Bi Cycle. 2. Mario Pavone - Bass Ballad. 3. Mario Pavone - Three M. 4. Mario Pavone - Double. 5. Mario Pavone - Two Flutes. 6. Mario Pavone - Sharpville. 7. Mario Pavone - Chimera. 8. Mario Pavone - Aku. 9. Mario Pavone - Ark Two. 10. Mario Pavone - 4 Up, 1 Down.
Recorded in 1985, Sharpeville was originally released on bassist/composer Mario Pavone’s own Alacra label in 1988, and is reissued here for the first time on CD. The music on this disc was conceived and recorded when apartheid, and the resulting violent confrontations between blacks and the white government of South Africa were rampant, long before the release of Nelson Mandela from decades in prison, explains Pavone in the liner notes.
On this page you can listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. Release title: Mario Pavone - Sharpeville. Photo of Mario Pavone - Sharpeville. More albums of Mario Pavone: Toulon Days. This album was released on the label Playscape Recordings (catalog number PSR.This album was released in 2000 year.
|10||4 Up, 1 Down||4:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Playscape Recordings
- Copyright (c) – Playscape Recordings
- Published By – Pavo Publishing
- Recorded At – Saint Peters Jazz Church, NYC
- Alto Saxophone – Mark Whitecage (tracks: 6)
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Flute [Bass Flute] – Thomas Chapin
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, Flute [Alto Flute] – Marty Ehrlich
- Bass, Composed By – Mario Pavone
- Drums – John Betsch (tracks: 6), Pheeroan Ak Laff*
- Engineer – Chris Brown
- Executive-Producer – Michael Musillami
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo] – Stuart Feldman
- Producer – Mario Pavone
- Remastered By – Don Grossinger
- Trombone – Peter McEachern (tracks: 6)
Notes© & ℗ 2000 Playscape Recordings
Originally released on Alacra Records in 1988.
Recorded September 8, 1985 (except Sharpeville, recorded live at Saint Peters Jazz Church, NYC January 6, 1985).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 60662 22672 1
- Rights Society: BMI
|1012||Mario Pavone||Sharpeville (LP)||Alacra Records||1012||USA & Canada||1988|