Joan Armatrading - What's Inside album
Title: What's Inside
Style: Soft Rock, Blues Rock
Date of release: 1995
Size MP3: 1683 mb
Size FLAC: 1403 mb
Format: WAV FLAC AA MP4 VQF DXD MPC
Joan Armatrading, the third of six children, was born in 1950 in the town of Basseterre on the Caribbean island of Saint Kitts. Her father was a carpenter and her mother a housewife. When she was three years old, her parents moved with their two eldest boys to Birmingham in England, sending Joan to live with her grandmother. Following her departure from A&M, a label she had been with for almost 20 years, Armatrading signed with RCA for her 1995 album What's Inside. Despite various television appearances and a full tour (which included a string quartet in addition to her stage band), the album was not a commercial success, becoming her lowest charting studio album in 20 years.
What's Inside Joan Armatrading. Listen on Apple Music.
By: Joan Armatrading (1995, Rock). More albums from Joan Armatrading: Me Myself I by Joan Armatrading. Live All The Way From America by Joan Armatrading. Live At The Bijou Cafe, Philadelphia, February 18, 1977 by Joan Armatrading. To The Limit by Joan Armatrading. Whatever’s For Us by Joan Armatrading. How Cruel by Joan Armatrading. Joan Armatrading by Joan Armatrading. Square The Circle by Joan Armatrading. View all albums . What’s Inside. By: Joan Armatrading (1995, Rock).
The album peaked at number 12 and was certified Gold by the British Phonographic Industry. Armatrading's 1979 live album Steppin' Out contained two songs from this album, "Love and Affection" and "Tall in the Saddle". The album's producer, Glyn Johns, later said it was the best album he'd ever been associated with.
837. What's Inside Tracklist. 1. In Your Eyes Lyrics. What's Inside Q&A. Ask us a question about this album. Top What's Inside scholars. More Joan Armatrading albums. Show all albums by Joan Armatrading.
Or consider a donation?
Home Blues Joan Armatrading Joan Armatrading - What's Inside (1995). Joan Armatrading - What's Inside (1995). Joan Armatrading has long been one of the finest singers in Anglo-American pop. The Caribbean-born, British-based vocalist has a rich, low alto which she uses to stretch and twist phrases, loading them with new implications in the style of her hero Van Morrison. Armatrading, who wrote, arranged and coproduced (with David Tickle) the album, has surrounded herself with top musicians formerly associated with the Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Joni Mitchell, and Al Green. She more than holds her own, not only as a singer but also as the lead guitarist.
What's Inside Album Cover Art. Joan Armatrading.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||In Your Eyes
Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéKeyboards – Greg PhillinganesStrings, Written By, Arranged By – Caroline Dale
Bass – Darryl Jones, Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéGuitar – Joan ArmatradingKeyboards – Benmont Tench
|3||Merchant Of Love
Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéGuitar – Joan ArmatradingKeyboards – Benmont TenchPercussion – Alex Acuña
|4||Shapes And Sizes
Acoustic Guitar – Hojah FarahBass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéKeyboards – Kronos Quartet, Todd CochranPercussion – Alex AcuñaStrings, Arranged By – Dana Brayton
|5||Back On The Road
Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéGuitar – Joan ArmatradingKeyboards – Benmont Tench
|6||Lost The Love
Bass – Darryl JonesDrums – Manu KatchéGuitar – Joan ArmatradingKeyboards – Todd CochranPercussion – Alex Acuña
Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéKeyboards – Greg PhillinganesPercussion – Alex Acuña
|8||Would You Like To Dance
Bass – Darryl JonesDrums – Manu KatchéGuitar – Joan ArmatradingHorns – The Memphis HornsKeyboards – Peter Robinson
|9||Recommend My Love
Bass – Darryl JonesDrums – Manu KatchéGuitar [Ebow Guitar] – Joan ArmatradingKeyboards – Greg Phillinganes
|10||Beyond The Blue
Acoustic Guitar – Joan ArmatradingBass – Darryl JonesDrums – Manu KatchéKeyboards – Benmont TenchPercussion – Alex AcuñaSlide Guitar – BJ Cole
|11||Can't Stop Loving You
Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéGuitar – Joan ArmatradingHorns – The Memphis HornsKeyboards – Benmont TenchPercussion – Alex Acuña
|12||Shape Of A Pony
Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéGuitar – Joan ArmatradingKeyboards – Benmont TenchPercussion – Alex AcuñaWhistle [Penny Whistle] – Boz Burrell
Bass – Tony LevinDrums – Manu KatchéKeyboards – Todd CochranPercussion – Alex Acuña
- Manufactured By – BMG Music
- Distributed By – BMG Music
- Published By – Polygram Music Publishing Ltd.
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Recorded At – Abbey Road Studios
- Recorded At – The Plant Studios
- Recorded At – Kiva Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BMG Music
- Copyright (c) – BMG Music
- Made By – Sonopress USA – 60336-01
- Arranged By [All Strings Written And Arranged By] – Joan*
- Arranged By, Written-By, Producer – Joan Armatrading
- Backing Band – Terry Evans (tracks: 3, 6, 8, 9, 11)
- Backing Vocals – K. La (tracks: 3, 6, 8, 9, 11), Ray Williams (tracks: 3, 6, 8, 9, 11), Willie Greene Jr. (tracks: 3, 6, 8, 9, 11)
- Design, Illustration – Sherri Maxwell
- Engineer – Wolfgang Amadeus
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Graham Dickson (tracks: 2), Mike Ging (tracks: 2)
- Engineer [Second Enginner] – Chad Munsay, Malcolm Springer, Simon Rhodes, Tom Luekens
- Mixed By – Shelly Yakus (tracks: 2)
- Music Director – Andy Brown
- Orchestrated By – Caroline Dale (tracks: 2, 3, 5 to 13)
- Recorded By – David Tickle (tracks: 2)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – David Tickle
- Strings – The London Metropolitan Orchestra
NotesSale representation Mike Noble, Running Dog Management Ltd.
Tmk(s) (c) Registered Marca(s) Registrada(s) General Electric Company, USA, except BMG logo (c) BMG Music (c) 1995, BMG Music (p) 1995, BMG Music.
Manufactured and distributed by BMG Music, New York, NY.
Printed in USA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 4321 - 27269 - 2 3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2): SONOPRESS USA 74321272692 ++ 60336-01
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 1007
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 1004
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L028
|74321272692||Joan Armatrading||What's Inside (CD, Album)||BMG, RCA||74321272692||Europe||1995|
|74321272692||Joan Armatrading||What's Inside (CD, Album)||BMG, RCA||74321272692||Australasia||1995|
|74321-27269-2||Joan Armatrading||What's Inside (CD, Album)||BMG, RCA||74321-27269-2||Canada||1995|
|74321272694||Joan Armatrading||What's Inside (Cass, Album)||RCA||74321272694||Indonesia||1995|
|74321 27269-4||Joan Armatrading||What's Inside (Cass, Album)||BMG||74321 27269-4||US||1995|