Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles album
Title: Columbia Jazz Profiles
Date of release: 2008
Size MP3: 1756 mb
Size FLAC: 1251 mb
Format: AA MP2 DMF WAV AUD DXD AAC
Columbia Jazz Profiles. Label: Released: 2008 Views: 2,394. Start your music shopping from All About Jazz and you'll support us in the process. Learn how. About Gil Evans.
Songs from Columbia Jazz Profiles by Charles Mingus, Chet Baker. Free download and listen Columbia Jazz Profiles. Tracks count: 23. Views: 4. Chet Baker - Star Eyes 07:01. Miles Davis, Джордж Гершвин, Gil Evans - Gone, Gone, Gone 02:06. Sonny Rollins - All the Things You Are 09:33. Miles Davis, Gil Evans - Miles Ahead 03:32. Sonny Rollins - The Night Has Thousand Eyes 09:12. Chet Baker - Blues in the Closet 07:45. Chet Baker - A Little Duet for Zoot and Chet 02:39. Chet Baker - What a Diff'rence a Day Made 02:41. Chet Baker - These Foolish Things 04:58. Charles Mingus - Self-Portrait in Three Colours 03:09. Dave Brubeck - Bossa Nova USA 02:32.
Quiet Nights is a studio album by jazz musician Miles Davis, and his fourth album collaboration with Gil Evans, released in 1964 on Columbia Records, catalogue CL 2106 and CS 8906 in stereo. Recorded mostly at Columbia's 30th Street Studios in Manhattan, it is the final album by Davis and Evans
Album · 1996 · 127 Songs. Every single collaboration between Miles Davis and arranger Gil Evans is pure musical alchemy, grandly cinematic in scope and devastatingly romantic in tone. All four of the albums they made together are included here in this awesomely exhaustive collection, along with fascinating alternate takes plus enlightening studio discussions and rehearsals.
Listen free to Gil Evans – Jazz Profiles: Gil Evans (New Rhumba, Miles Ahead and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Ian Ernest Gilmore "Gil" Evans (né Green) (May 13, 1912 – March 20, 1988) was a jazz pianist, arranger, composer and bandleader (The Gil Evans Orchestra), active in the United States. He played an important role in the development of cool jazz, modal jazz, free jazz and jazz fusion, and collaborated extensively with Miles Davis Gil Evans was born in Toronto, Canada, as Ian Ernest Gilmore Green and early took the family name Evans from his stepfather. The family soon moved to California, where he spent the first decades of his life.
One of jazz's most celebrated arrangers and composers, Gil Evans recorded for many labels during his 50-plus years in jazz. His Columbia and RCA periods were long and particularly fruitful ones because of the musicians he surrounded himself with. While it's true that his collaboration with Miles Davis is the most celebrated and well known, some of the other players who appeared on Evans' own records were Billy Harper, Jerome Richardson, Tony Williams, David Sanborn, Peter Gordon, Lee Konitz, Johnny Coles, Lew Soloff, Julius Watkins, Elvin Jones, Ryo Kawasaki, and dozens more.
Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles/ - . 0. Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles/12. Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles/08. Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles/Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles. Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles/04. Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles/07. Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles/05.
Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles 07. Solea. mp3 12. Up From The Skies. Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles - 2008, MP3, 320 kbps. Download via torrent Download via magnet. Gil Evans - Columbia Jazz Profiles.
|3||Blues For Pablo|
|5||Gone, Gone, Gone|
|6||My Man's Gone Now|
|8||The Pan Piper|
|9||Arab Dance (Traditional)|
|10||King Porter Stomp|
|12||Up From The Skies|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Distributed By – Sony BMG Music Entertainment Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- Licensed From – Sony Corporation
- Alto Saxophone – Lee Konitz (tracks: 2, 3, )
- Arranged By – Gil Evans (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 12)
- Bass – Paul Chambers (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8)
- Bass Clarinet – Danny Bank (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 7), Romeo Penque (tracks: 2, 3)
- Clarinet – Romeo Penque (tracks: 4, 6)
- Design – Stylus
- Drums – "Philly" Joe Jones (tracks: 5), Art Taylor (tracks: 2, 3), Billy Exiner (tracks: 9), Jimmy Cobb (tracks: 4, 8)
- Flugelhorn – Ernie Royal (tracks: 10), Ernie Royal (tracks: 10), Lew Soloff (tracks: 10), Miles Davis (tracks: 2, 3, 6 )
- Flute – Romeo Penque (tracks: 2, 3)
- French Horn – Tony Miranda (tracks: 2, 7, 8), Willie Ruff (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6)
- Oboe – Romeo Penque (tracks: 7, 8)
- Performer – Gil Evans (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8), Gil Evans And His Orchestra (tracks: 11, 12, 13), Miles Davis (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- Photography – Leon Morris
- Producer – Anita Evans (tracks: 10), Aubrey Fell (tracks: 9), Cal Lampley (tracks: 4, 6), George Avakian (tracks: 2, 3, ), Mike Lipskin (tracks: 11, 12, 13), Teddy Randazzo (tracks: 10), Teo Macero (tracks: 7, 8)
- Trombone – Frank Rehak (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8), Jimmy Cleveland (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6, ), Joe Bennett* (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6, )
- Trumpet – Bernie Glow (tracks: 2, 3, 6, 7, 8), Ernie Royal (tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10), Johnny Coles (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 7, 8), Louis Mucci* (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 7, 8), Taft Jordan (tracks: 2)
- Written By – Jimi Hendrix (tracks: 11, 12, 13)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6007124530530
|88697288652||Gil Evans||Columbia Jazz Profiles (CD, Comp)||Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Columbia||88697288652||Europe||2008|
|88697 36490 2||Gil Evans||Columbia Jazz Profiles (CD, Comp)||Columbia, Sony BMG Music Entertainment||88697 36490 2||Russia||2008|