Johnny Hartman - Unforgettable album
Style: Hard Bop, Swing
Date of release: 2004
Size MP3: 1429 mb
Size FLAC: 1860 mb
Format: AAC MP1 ADX VOC MP3 DTS WAV
Combining songs from two 1966 ABC-Paramount LPs (Unforgettable Songs by Johnny Hartman and side two of I Love Everybody) onto one CD, the Impulse! label presents this smooth-voiced baritone backed by brassy orchestration for the first time since his dates with the Dizzy Gillespie Big Band. This proves to be a fine marriage, though lacking the intimacy of his unparalleled recordings with the small ensembles led by John Coltrane (John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman) and Illinois Jacquet (I Just Dropped by to Say Hello)
Unforgettable (CD, Album, Comp, RE). Impulse! IMP 11522. Unforgettable (CD, Album, Comp, Club, RE, Dig).
I Love Everybody (Johnny Hartman album). I Love Everybody is a studio album by American jazz vocalist Johnny Hartman, released in 1967 by ABC Records. It was produced by Bob Thiele and features arrangements and conducting by Jack Pleis and Oliver Nelson. Side One consists of six ballads performed by an orchestra, with string arrangements by Pleis. Side Two features a big band, arranged and conducted by Nelson, in a faux-live setting, with audience noise added afterwards to the studio recordings.
Today is a studio album by American singer Johnny Hartman, released in 1972 by Perception Records. It was Hartman's first recording since 1967 and marked a new phase in his career, with the inclusion of material by more contemporary songwriters such as Jimmy Webb, Kris Kristofferson, and Paul Williams. Musicians on the album include well-known jazz instrumentalists such as George Coleman, Earl May, and Billy Higgins.
Album by Johnny Hartman. Almost Like Being In Love. Our Love Is Here To Stay. The More I See You. What Do I Owe Her. Bidin' My Time. Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread). The Very Thought Of You. Uforgettable. Today I love Everybody. For The Want Of A Kiss. That Old Black Magic.
All the great songs and lyrics from the "The Unforgettable Songs by Johnny Hartman" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. Style:MLA Chicago APA. "The Unforgettable Songs by Johnny Hartman Album.
|1||Almost Like Being In Love||2:33|
|2||Once In A While||2:26|
|3||Isn't It Romantic||2:01|
|4||Our Love Is Here To Stay||2:13|
|5||The More I See You||2:21|
|6||What Do I Owe Her||3:12|
|7||Bidin' My Time||2:03|
|8||Down In The Depths||2:46|
|9||Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread)||2:42|
|10||The Very Thought Of You||2:44|
|13||Today I Love Everybody||2:41|
|14||T'Aint No Need||3:10|
|15||For The Want Of A Kiss||3:01|
|17||That Old Black Magic||3:22|
- Alto Saxophone – Anthony Ortega (tracks: 1 to 8), Gabe Baltazar (tracks: 13 to 17)
- Baritone Saxophone – Bill Hood (tracks: 13 to 17)
- Bass – Jimmy Bond (tracks: 1 to 4, 9 to 12), Joe Mondragon (tracks: 13 to17), Ray Brown (tracks: 5 to 8)
- Drums – Shelly Manne (tracks: 13 to17), Stan Levey (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Guitar – Dennis Budimer* (tracks: 9 to 12), Herb Ellis (tracks: 1 to 4, 13 to17), Howard Roberts (tracks: 13 to17), John Gray (tracks: 5 to 8)
- Percussion – James Lockert (tracks: 13 to17)
- Piano – Mike Melvoin
- Producer – Bob Thiele
- Saxophone [Baritone], Baritone Saxophone – Jack Nimitz (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Tenor Saxophone – Curtis Amy (tracks: 1 to 8), Harold Land (tracks: 5 to 8), Plas Johnson (tracks: 13 to17), Teddy Edwards (tracks: 5 to 8), Bill Green* (tracks: 13 to17)
- Trombone – Billy Byers (tracks: 13 to17), Ernie Track (tracks: 1 to 8), John Erwing (tracks: 1 to 8), Lester Robertson (tracks: 1 to 8), Mike Barone (tracks: 1 to 8, 13 to17)
- Trumpet – Al Porcino (tracks: 1 to 8, 13 to17), Bud Brisbois (tracks: 1 to 8), Conte Candoli (tracks: 13 to17), Freddie Hill (tracks: 1 to 8), Jules Chaikin (tracks: 1 to 8), Melvin Moore (tracks: 1 to 8), Ollie Mitchell (tracks: 13 to17)
NotesRecorded in 1966.
This is a project made by the special projects department in Universal Music Spain, S.L. for Global Rhythm Press, S.L. included in Jazz Voice: The Art Of Vocal Jazz.
|IMP 11522||Johnny Hartman||Unforgettable (CD, Album, Comp, RE)||Impulse!||IMP 11522||Europe||1995|
|IMP 11522, 051152-2, 051 152-1||Johnny Hartman||Unforgettable (CD, Album, Comp, RE)||Impulse!, Impulse!, Impulse!||IMP 11522, 051152-2, 051 152-1||Europe||1995|
|IMPD-152||Johnny Hartman||Unforgettable (CD, Album, Comp, Dig)||Impulse!||IMPD-152||US||1995|
|IMPD-152||Johnny Hartman||Unforgettable (CD, Album, Comp, Club, RE, Dig)||Impulse!||IMPD-152||US||1995|
|IMP 11522||Johnny Hartman||Unforgettable (CD, Album, Comp, RE, Dig)||Impulse!||IMP 11522||Europe||1995|