David Murray Octet - Dark Star [The Music Of The Grateful DeadⓇ] album
Title: Dark Star [The Music Of The Grateful DeadⓇ]
Style: Free Jazz
Date of release: 1996
Size MP3: 1640 mb
Size FLAC: 1525 mb
Format: MP2 AAC WMA APE MMF AU XM
Dark Star: The Music of the Grateful Dead is an album by the David Murray Octet released on Astor Place. It was released in 1996 and contains Murray's versions of compositions by the Grateful Dead. The Octet plays on the first six tracks, and the last is a Murray solo, accompanied only by Bob Weir on acoustic guitar.
02 - Samson And Delilah. 01 - Shakedown Street. 06 - One More Saturday Night. 03 - Estimated Prophet. 07 - Shoulda Had Been M. p3.
David Murray Octet : Dark Star is a eclectic fusion music album recording by DAVID MURRAY released in 1996 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. 1 Shakedown Street 8:54 2 Samson And Delilah 11:12 3 Estimated Prophet 5:55 4 Dark Star 16:15 5 China Doll 5:17 6 One More Saturday Night 8:29 7 Shoulda Had Been Me 5:03. David Murray - Complete Recordings on Black Saint & Soul Note Vo. Box set · Remastered BLACK SAINT, SOUL NOTE 2013.
The avant-garde tenor and bass clarinetist David Murray had an opportunity to sit in with the Grateful Dead in 1993 and was quite impressed. With Jerry Garcia's death, Murray was inspired to put together this tribute album but often it sounds as if two bands were playing at once without closely listening to each other.
Artist: David Murray Octet. Album: Dark Star (The Music of the Grateful Dead). Download David Murray Octet - One More Saturday Night. Dark Star (The Music of the Grateful Dead): Best 2 songs. David Murray Octet - Dark Star 16:15. David Murray Octet - Home The Jazz You Must Have Collection - David Murray, 2009 05:58. David Murray Octet - Picasso Suite: Introduction Picasso, 2008 02:20. Artist: David Murray Octet.
Studio album by David Murray Octet.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – J. Garcia*, R. Hunter*
|2||Samson And Delilah
Arranged By – David MurrayWritten-By – Traditional
Written-By – R. Weir*, J. Barlow*
Written-By – B. Kreutzmann*, R. Weir*, J. Garcia*, P. Lesh*, R. Hunter*, R. McKernan*
Written-By – J. Garcia*, R. Hunter*
|6||One More Saturday Night
Written-By – R. Weir*
|7||Shoulda Had Been Me
Written-By – R. Weir*, B. Cockburn*, M. Nash*
- Copyright (c) – Astor Place Recordings LLC
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Astor Place Recordings LLC
- Recorded At – Clinton Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Power Station
- Mastered At – Foothill Digital
- Pressed By – Disctronics S
- Published By – Ice Nine Publishing Company, Inc.
- Published By – Blue Muse Publishing, Inc.
- Alto Saxophone, Flute – James Spaulding
- Arranged By [All Arrangements] – David Murray
- Bass – Fred Hopkins
- Copyist – Will Connell Jr.*
- Design [Graphic Design] – Rebellious Designs
- Drums – Renzell Merritt
- Engineer [Assistant Mixing] – Barbara Lipke
- Engineer [Assistant Recording] – Adam Blackburn
- Executive-Producer – Steve Plotnicki
- Guitar – Bob Weir (tracks: 7)
- Liner Notes – David Gans, Howard Mandel
- Mastered By – Allan Tucker
- Organ [Hammond B3], Piano, Synthesizer [Synthesizers] – Robert Irving III
- Photography By – Danny Miller
- Producer – Herbie Miller
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Jim Anderson
- Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet – David Murray
- Trombone – Craig Harris
- Trumpet – Hugh Ragin, James Zoller* (tracks: 3 to 5, 7), Omar Kabir (tracks: 1, 2, 6)
NotesRecorded at Clinton Studios, NY, January 17-18, 1996.
Mixed at Power Station Studios, NY, February 18-19, 1996.
Mastered at Foothill Digital, NY.
All selections published by Ice Nine Publishing, Inc./ASCAP, except "Shoulda Had Been Me" published by Blue Muse Publishing, Inc./ASCAP.
This high resolution recording is mastered from 20-bit digital sources.
© ℗ 1996 Astor Place Recordings LLC.
Made in England
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 018515 400227
- Barcode (Scanned, EAN_13): 5018515400227
- Matrix / Runout: DISCTRONICS S TCD 4002 01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L502
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 8767
|TCD 4002, TCD-4002||David Murray Octet||Dark Star [The Music Of The Grateful Dead] (CD, Album)||Astor Place, Astor Place||TCD 4002, TCD-4002||US||1996|