Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood album
Title: Songs From The Wood
Style: Folk Rock, Prog Rock, Classic Rock
Size MP3: 1415 mb
Size FLAC: 1166 mb
Format: VQF MP4 AIFF AUD MP2 MP1 AAC
Songs from the Wood is the tenth studio album by British progressive rock band Jethro Tull, released February 1977.
Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood (1977). Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
Jethro Tull’s tenth album was inspired by Ian Anderson’s departure to a more rural environment in a transition which bore clear influence on the writing and recording process, with the band notably doffing a cap to British folklore and countryside. Highlights include: 3CD, 2 DVD and 96 page book deluxe package. Including the original album remixed by Steven Wilson. A host of unreleased associated recordings and live tracks. On May 19th 2017, Parlophone Records will be releasing the long awaited Country Set, the deluxe version of Songs From The Wood. The first disc of the set contains the Steven Wilson remix of the original studio album, accompanied by associated recordings. This includes the tracks Old Aces Die Hard and Working John, Working Joe which are being released here for the first time on any format. Songs From The Wood is often referred to as one of the most commercially appealing Jethro Tull albums, containing elements of rock, prog and folk-rock. Although media reaction at the time divided opinion, the album has certainly developed a nostalgic rapport with fans through the years and it is perceived today as one of the band’s most popular albums.
96 Page Booklet: - An extensive note by Martin Webb about the writing, recording and touring of Jethro Tull's tenth studio album Songs From The Wood. A track by track annotation of the album and associated recordings by Ian Anderson. Lyrics for the album and bonus tracks. An interview with studio engineer and radio producer Trevor White
Although Songs From The Wood does show Jethro Tull going in a more acoustic-oriented direction, guitarist Martin Barre makes sure that his input remains significant, as his soaring riffs and solos can be often seen intertwining with Anderson’s acoustic guitar or flute. Lyrically, the album also is more woodsy, as the songs now speak of things like fireplaces and aimless trips through woodlands, a sharp contrast to Anderson’s ancient musings on London life and bitter attacks on organized religion. Songs From The Wood is (not without reason) the first Jethro Tull album in ages that received a noteworthy amount of positive feedback from professional critics. Happy that for the first time in years, one of their albums was well received, Jethro Tull would continue down this direction with their next two albums, Heavy Horses and the underwhelming Stormwatch.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Songs From The Wood||4:52|
Performer [All Instruments] – Ian Anderson
|3||Cup Of Wonder||4:30|
|5||Ring Out, Solstice Bells||3:46|
|8||Pibroch (Cap In Hand)||8:37|
|9||Fire At Midnight||2:26|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chrysalis Records
- Copyright (c) – Chrysalis Records
- Recorded At – Morgan Studios
- Recorded At – La Maison Rouge
- Glass Mastered At – EMI MFG.
- Arranged By – Jethro Tull
- Bass, Vocals – John Glascock (tracks: 1, 3 to 9)
- Cover [Back Cover] – Shirt Sleeve Studio*
- Drums, Marimba, Glockenspiel, Bells, Percussion [Nakers And Tabor] – Barriemore Barlow (tracks: 1, 3 to 9)
- Effects [Wood-cutter] – Keith Howard
- Engineer – Robin Black
- Engineer [Assistant] – Thing Moss, Trevor White
- Guitar, Lute, Written-By [Additional Material] – Martin Barre (tracks: 1, 3 to 9)
- Painting [Front Cover Painting] – Jay L. Lee
- Piano, Organ, Synthesizer – John Evan (tracks: 1, 3 to 9)
- Piano, Synthesizer, Organ [Portative], Written-By [Additional Material] – David Palmer (tracks: 1, 3 to 9)
- Producer – Ian Anderson
- Vocals, Flute, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Whistle, Written-By – Ian Anderson
NotesRecorded at Morgan Studios and La Maison Rouge mobile studio
℗ 1977, © 1985 Chrysalis Records. Printed in U.S.A.
[Post 1994 reissue, due to the presence of SID codes]
On rim text of disc : Manufactured in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 9463-21132-2 1
- Matrix / Runout: 21132 MASTERED BY EMI MFG
- Matrix / Runout (variant 1 (mirrored)): 1-1-3
- Matrix / Runout (variant 2 (mirrored)): 1-1-4
- Other (DADC Mastering Code): DIDX 000444
- Mastering SID Code (variant 1 & 2): IFPI L043
- Mould SID Code (variant 1): ifpi 163C
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|CHR 1132||Jethro Tull||Songs From The Wood (LP, Album)||Chrysalis||CHR 1132||UK||1977|
|F2 21132, DIDX 444||Jethro Tull||Songs From The Wood (CD, Album, RE)||Chrysalis, Chrysalis||F2 21132, DIDX 444||US||Unknown|
|RP2-563580||Jethro Tull||Songs From The Wood 40th Anniversary Edition (The Steven Wilson Remix) (CD, Album, RE, Rem)||Chrysalis||RP2-563580||US||2017|
|6307 591, CHR 1132||Jethro Tull||Songs From The Wood (LP, Album)||Chrysalis, Chrysalis||6307 591, CHR 1132||Germany||1977|
|0190295847852||Jethro Tull||Songs From The Wood (LP, Album, RE, RM, 180)||Chrysalis||0190295847852||Europe||2017|