The Amazing Bud Powell - The Scene Changes, Vol. 5 album
Title: The Scene Changes, Vol. 5
Date of release: 1992
Size MP3: 1371 mb
Size FLAC: 1224 mb
Format: XM AC3 ADX APE AA DMF WAV
The Scene Changes: The Amazing Bud Powell (Vol. 5), also known as The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 5: The Scene Changes, is a studio album by jazz pianist Bud Powell, released on Blue Note Records in 1959, featuring a session Powell recorded at the Rudy Van Gelder Studio in Hackensack, New Jersey on December 29, 1958, with Paul Chambers on bass and Art Taylor on drums.
Down With It. Bud Powell.
The Scene Changes, Vol. 5 (LP, Album, Mono). The Amazing Bud Powell. The Scene Changes, Vol. 5 (CD, Album, RE). Blue Note.
The Scene Changes: The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 5, 1959. Gettin' There, 05:04.
Yazar: Bud Powell, Besteciler: 5:10.
Art Taylor, Curtis Fuller, Paul Chambers).
The Scene Changes (Powell) - 4:04 10. Comin' Up (alternate take) (Powell) - 5:27 Состав: Bud Powell - piano Paul Chambers - bass Art Taylor - drums Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, NJ on December 29, 1958. The Scene Changes" is a classic jazz trio album by one of the great jazz pianists of all time. While Bud Powell's best recordings for Blue Note are from the late 40s and early 50s in my opinion (captured on the two volumes of "The Amazing Bud Powell"), this is one of three sessions he made for the label in 1957-58.
|A3||Down With It||4:00|
|B1||Crossin' The Channel||3:30|
|B4||The Scene Changes||4:03|
- Record Company – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Licensed Through – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Toshiba EMI Ltd
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey
- Bass – Paul Chambers
- Design [Cover] – Reid Miles
- Drums – Art Taylor
- Liner Notes – Leonard Feather
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Francis Wolff
- Piano, Written-By – Bud Powell
- Producer – Alfred Lion
- Recorded By [Recording By] – Rudy Van Gelder
NotesRecorded at Rudy Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, NJ, December 29, 1958.
Alfred Lion of Blue Note extends special thanks to Oscar Goodstein, the general manager of "Birdland", for his cooperation in making this recording possible.
Includes a full size 4 page insert.
Blue Note Records Inc.
Made in Japan
Blue Note 4000 Series Ultra Collection Part 6 - Category 115
BST 84009 & BN 4009 on labels
4009 on front sleeve
84009 on spine
ST-84009 on rear sleeve
BN 4009 [small] on rear sleeve below
BN 4009 on OBI
Comes in a high glossy sleeve with OBI
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (On OBI back): 4 988006 674974
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): BNST 84009-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): BNST 84009-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped): BNST-84009-A 1S 18
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped): BNST-84009-B 1S 14
- Rights Society (Label side A & B): JASRAC
- Other (On OBI back, boxed): 92•9•30
- Other (Rear sleeve below, boxed): t
|BLP 4009||The Amazing Bud Powell*||The Scene Changes, Vol. 5 (LP, Album, Mono)||Blue Note||BLP 4009||US||1959|
|S-060||Bud Powell||The Scene Changes (CD, Album, RE)||Star Pack||S-060||Japan||Unknown|
|NR-8844||The Amazing Bud Powell*||The Scene Changes, Vol. 5 (LP, Album, RE)||Blue Note||NR-8844||Japan||1977|
|TYCJ-81017||The Amazing Bud Powell*||The Scene Changes (CD, Album, SHM)||Blue Note||TYCJ-81017||Japan||2013|
|TOCJ-4009, BNST-84009||The Amazing Bud Powell*||The Scene Changes, Vol. 5 (CD, Album, RE)||Blue Note, Blue Note||TOCJ-4009, BNST-84009||Japan||1993|