Björk - Selmasongs album
Style: Leftfield, Modern Classical, Downtempo, Experimental
Date of release: 2006
Size MP3: 1286 mb
Size FLAC: 1201 mb
Format: VOC AUD DXD TTA AA RA DMF
Selmasongs: Music from the Motion Picture ‘Dancer in the Dark’. Released September 18, 2000. Selmasongs: Music from the Motion Picture ‘Dancer in the Dark’ Tracklist. The songs on this album were written for Lars von Trier’s 2000 musical tragedy Dancer in the Dark. Selmasongs: Music from the Motion Picture ‘Dancer in the Dark’ Q&A.
Selmasongs also succeeds as a soundtrack, sketching in details of Selma's story
With each album since the beginning of her solo career, Björk has shattered expectations. On 1993's Debut, she got off the Sugarcubes, trading spazzy, upbeat pop and the embarrassing hollered catchphrases of Einar Orn Benediktsson for a slightly more laidback songwriting approach. On 1995's Post, she soldered previously unimaginable electronic sounds to massive orchestras, creating an album of intense emotion and wild diversity
Listen free to Björk – Selmasongs (Overture, Cvalda and more). The soundtrack of a movie so emotional and moving, Björk has sworn off of acting ever again, making this all the more special. Combining the acquired taste of Björk's music, with a more subtle, conventional undertone (but still keeping some of those shrieks and howls that we've all become accustomed to), this album of seven songs about a woman going blind, and trying keep her son from the same fight, and the hard choices she must make in the process is truly amazing.
Dancer in the Dark was my first exposure to Björk, my high school marching band performed the overture as part of a band routine (seriously, the director did not watch the movie beforehand. Divorced from its source material, I was utterly spellbound with the music. It was a melodic line like no other, these horns that sounded both triumphant and utterly defeated. I was so intrigued that I immediately watched the movie. Like most teens in the 2000s, I knew Björk from her Swan Dress.
Selmasongs: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack 'Dancer in the Dark' is the first soundtrack album by Icelandic musician Björk. It was released on September 18, 2000, by One Little Indian Records to promote and accompany the film Dancer in the Dark. In the film Björk starred as Selma Ježková, a Czech immigrant who has moved to the United States. The album features classical arrangements, as well as melodies and beats composed of sounds from mundane objects, such as factory machines and trains
|CD-3||I've Seen It All||5:29|
|CD-5||In The Musicals||4:40|
|All Songs In Dolby Digital 5.1 And DTS Surround Sound 96/24 Bit|
|DVD-3||I've Seen It All|
|DVD-5||In The Musicals|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Wellhart Ltd
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – One Little Indian Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Wellhart Ltd
- Copyright (c) – One Little Indian Ltd.
- Arranged By – Björk (tracks: CD-2 to CD-7), Guy Sigsworth (tracks: CD-3), Vincent Mendoza*
- Celesta – Björk, Guy Sigsworth
- Conductor [Orchestra] – Vincent Mendoza*
- Contractor [Orchestra Fixed By] – Isobel Griffiths
- Coordinator [Olympic Sessions Co-ordinated By] – Siobhan Paine
- Edited By [Vocal] – Björk
- Engineer [Celeste Processing] – Damian Taylor
- Engineer [Pro Tools] – Jake Davies, Jan "Stan" Kybert
- Engineer, Recorded By – Valgeir Sigurdsson*
- Mastered By [Surround Sound Audio] – Twig* (tracks: DVD), Tim Young (tracks: DVD)
- Mixed By – Mark "Spike" Stent*
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Wayne Wilkins
- Mixed By [Surround Sound] – Paul ‹PDub› Walton* (tracks: DVD)
- Performer – Björk, Catherine Deneuve (tracks: CD-2), Siobhan Fallon (tracks: CD-6), Thom Yorke (tracks: CD-3)
- Programmed By – Mark Bell, Valgeir Sigurdsson*
- Recorded By [Additional - Assistant] – Matt Fields
- Recorded By [Additional] – Jake Davies, Paul 'P-Dub' Walton
- Recorded By [Orchestra - Assistant] – Ben Georgiades
- Recorded By [Orchestra] – Geoff Foster
- Written-By – Björk, Lars Von Trier (tracks: CD-2 to CD-7), Mark Bell (tracks: CD-2, CD-5), Sjón (tracks: CD-2 to CD-7)
NotesPart of the "Surrounded" DualDisc reissue series.
Also available as part of "Surrounded" boxed set (TPLP730CDBOX), which features all of Björk's studio albums from 1993 to 2005.
Released in standard jewel case with clear tray and sticker on the front. Original 6-page booklet is used but the back inlay is new. Original inlay artwork is on reverse side under the tray.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 016958 072902
- Matrix / Runout (CD side): CA [email protected]
- Mould SID Code (CD side): IFPI 1252
- Matrix / Runout (DVD side): DV TPLP151DVD CSS 60 VTS-1 @
|TPLP151CD||Björk||Selmasongs (CD, Album)||One Little Indian||TPLP151CD||UK||2000|
|151PLPT||Björk||Selmasongs (LP, Album, Unofficial)||One Little Indian||151PLPT||UK||2000|
|SELMA1||Björk||Selmasongs (CD, Album, Promo)||Polydor||SELMA1||Europe||2000|
|549 204-9||Björk||Selmasongs (CD, Album)||Polydor, Universal Music Russia||549 204-9||Russia||2000|
|TPLP151CDL||Björk||Selmasongs (CD, Album, Promo)||One Little Indian||TPLP151CDL||UK||2000|