Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives album
Title: Distant Relatives
Date of release: 2010
Size MP3: 1991 mb
Size FLAC: 1544 mb
Format: AC3 APE DTS VOC TTA DXD AHX
Track contains elements of the recording "Yegelie Tezeta" by Mulatu Astatke.
Distant Relatives is a collaborative studio album by American rapper Nas and Jamaican reggae artist Damian Marley, released May 18, 2010 on Universal Republic and Def Jam Recordings. Distant Relatives Q&A. Primary Artists Damian Marley & Damian Marley & Nas. Featuring Joss Stone, Junior Reid, K’naan & 3 more. Producers Damian Marley, Junior Reid & Stephen Marley. Writers Andre Forrest, Courtney Diedrick, Damian Marley & 13 more. Assistant mixing Charles Wakeman & Eric Twizted Young.
Gong Marley - As We Enter, Nas & Damian Marley(Distant Relatives) - Patience, Nas & Damian Marley(Distant Relatives) - Dispear, а также рингтоны на звонок и все новые треки. Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives - 2010 L – Tribes At War feat Knaan. Distant Relatives – Land of Promise. Nas & Damian Marley – My Generation ft Lil Wayne & Joss Stone. Land Of Promise – Dennis Brown, Damian Jr. Gong Marley and Nas.
Distant Relatives traces the direct line from Dancehall Reggae's breakthrough moment 40 years ago to the rise of Hip Hop several years later. What we're about to do right now is go back. Before Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley and Nasty Nasir Jones first began treading the long and winding "Road to Zion. The artists' first collaboration went so well that they decided to do a full album together, and that album is Distant Relatives. Unlike all previous collaborations between Jamaican and American artists, Distant Relatives is neither a remix nor a featured guest spot on a single track. The recording is a fully collaborative effort filling an entire album, opening new avenues of musical expression.
The Nas and Damian Marley collaboration Distant Relatives came together as a way to earn money for schools in Africa, but before any corny charity album misconceptions get in the way, know that this is one purposeful monster and a conceptional bull's eye that fully supports its title. Actually, it all comes together in the album’s first few seconds as Marley and Nas loop a sample of Ethiopian jazzman Mulatu Astatke for As We Enter ’s effective and infectious beat
Album · 2010 · 14 Songs. Strong Will Continue. Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley & Nas. 6:01. Count Your Blessings. 4:23. 8. Land of Promise (feat.
Nas and Damian Marley are both sons of celebrated musical figures, so god knows they probably have plenty to talk about. Five years ago, Nas guested on Marley's "Road to Zion" and sounded great doing it. Onstage together at SXSW, they had a lively chemistry, Marley chatting madly over the ". State of Mind" beat and Nas giddily playing hypeman on "Welcome to Jamrock". But too often on Distant Relatives, Nas and Marley fall into a sort of middlebrow funk, kicking overripe platitudes over sunny session-musician lopes and letting their self-importance suffocate their personalities. Marley's never done his best work shooting for inspirational. On his best tracks, he brings less of his father's wizened optimism and more of the gravelly, demonic snarl of dancehall-schooled avengers like Sizzla or Capleton.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||As We Enter||2:28|
|2||Tribes At War
Featuring – K'Naan
|3||Strong Will Continue||6:01|
Featuring – Stephen Marley
|6||Count Your Blessings||4:24|
|8||Land Of Promise
Featuring – Dennis Brown
|9||In His Own Words
Featuring – Stephen Marley
Featuring – Joss Stone, Lil Wayne
|13||Africa Must Wake Up
Featuring – K'Naan
- Record Company – Universal Republic Records
- Backing Vocals – Betty Wright (tracks: 9), Dennis Brown (tracks: 8), Noelle Scaggs (tracks: 3, 10)
- Bass – Christopher Merridth (tracks: 4), Paul Fakhourie (tracks: 8, 11), Shiah Coore (tracks: 3, 5 to 7, 12, 13)
- Cello – Miles Tackett (tracks: 3, 7)
- Drums – Courtney Diedrick (tracks: 3, 5 to 7, 13), Shiah Coore (tracks: 1, 2), Wilburn "Squiddly" Cole* (tracks: 4)
- Executive-Producer – Damian Marley, Nasir Jones
- Guitar – Andrea Carter (tracks: 12), George Pajon Jr. (tracks: 12, 13), Luke Aiono (tracks: 12), Ronnoy Gordon (tracks: 9)
- Keyboards – Christopher Merridth (tracks: 4), Llamar Brown (tracks: 9), Mike Rowe (tracks: 7, 13), Paul Fakhourie (tracks: 11), Phillip "Winter" James* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 10, 12, 13), Sean Diedrick (tracks: 12), Stephen Marley (tracks: 11), Wilburn "Squiddly" Cole* (tracks: 4)
- Mastered By – Chris Athens
- Mixed By – James "Bonzai" Caruso*
- Mixed By [Assisted] – Benjamin Reid (tracks: 1, 3), Charles Wakeman (tracks: 10, 12, 13), Eric "Twizted" Young (tracks: 1, 3 to 5, 7, 8, 11 to 13), Steve Nowa (tracks: 6, 9)
- Percussion – Leon Mobley (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7, 13), Wilburn "Squiddly" Cole* (tracks: 4)
- Producer – Damien "Jr. Gong" Marley* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 8, 10, 12), Stephen Marley (tracks: 4, 11)
- Recorded By – Andrew Green (tracks: 11), Benjamin Reid (tracks: 7), Casey Lewis (tracks: 9, 13), Charles Wakeman (tracks: 5, 8, 9 to 12), George Massa (tracks: 9, 11), Josh Newell (tracks: 9, 13), Marc Lee (tracks: 1 to 5, 7 to 9, 11 to 13), Tim Harkins (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 10 to 13), Vernon Mungo (tracks: 10)
- Recorded By [Assisted] – Bobby Newland (tracks: 10), Greg DePante (tracks: 1 to 3, 7, 10 to 12), James Rudder (tracks: 1 to 3, 7, 10 to 12), Jose Quintero (tracks: 10), Miguel Bermudez (tracks: 7)
- Violin – Ann Marie Calhoun (tracks: 13)
- Written-By – Amadou Bagayoko (tracks: 11), Damian Marley, Dennis Brown (tracks: 8), Dwayne Carter (tracks: 12), Keinan Warsame (tracks: 2, 13), Mariam Doumbia (tracks: 11), Nasir Jones, Stephen Marley (tracks: 4, 9)
NotesTrack #1 contains elements of the recording "Yegelie Tezeta" by Mulatu Astatke.
Track #2 contains elements of the composition "Tribal War" written by Earl Lowe.
Track #8 contains elements of the composition and the recording "Promised Land' by Dennis Brown.
Track #10 contains elements of the recording "Kurikute" by Sara Chaves.
Track #11 contains elements of the recording "Sabali" by Amadou & Mariam.
Track #12 contains elements of the recording "Generation" by Ziggy Marley.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 02527 41176 7
- Matrix / Runout: IFPI LV87 Universal ANZ 2741176 A0100941769X0101 22
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 6545
|B0014136-02||Nas & Damian Marley||Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (CD, Album, Gat)||Ghetto Youths United, Def Jam Recordings, Universal Republic Records||B0014136-02||US||2010|
|GY0060, none||Nas & Damian Marley||Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (2xLP, Album)||Ghetto Youths United, Def Jam Recordings, Universal Republic Records||GY0060, none||US||2010|
|JGONGLP002||Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley*||Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley* - Distant Relatives (LP, Album, Whi)||Not On Label (Nas), Not On Label (Damian Marley)||JGONGLP002||UK||2010|
|UICT-1056||Nas & Damian Marley||Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (CD, Album)||Universal Republic Records||UICT-1056||Japan||2010|
|STARCD7464||Nas & Damian Marley||Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (CD, Album, )||Def Jam Recordings||STARCD7464||South Africa||2010|