Joan Armatrading - Show Some Emotion album
Title: Show Some Emotion
Style: Soft Rock, Soul
Size MP3: 1900 mb
Size FLAC: 1225 mb
Format: AIFF FLAC WMA MPC AU AC3 WMA
Joan Armatrading is the third studio album from the British singer-songwriter Joan Armatrading and her second for A&M Records. It was her first album to be recorded entirely in London, as her first two albums - Whatever's for Us and Back to the Night being partially recorded in France and Wales respectively in addition to London. Released in 1976, it included Armatrading's sole Top 10 hit single, "Love and Affection".
Mbira – Joan Armatrading. A2. Show Some Emotion.
Retaining producer Glyn Johns and some of the same session players from her last record, Show Some Emotion repeated that album's chart success and included two more terrific singles in the same vein: "Show Some Emotion" and "Willow. However, the rest of the album sounds like outtakes from that effort. Gone is the smooth, honeyfied flow of Joan Armatrading; the lyrics seem to lack a sense of meter, the songs occasionally rely on pedestrian R&B arrangements to move them along, and the buoyant melodies are few and far between
Studio album by Joan Armatrading. Show Some Emotion is a studio album by British singer-songwriter Joan Armatrading, released in 1977 on A&M. He did not enjoy the album as much as her previous self-titled album, saying that much of it was "like outtakes from that effort". He criticised the lyrics and arrangements, as well as the track placement. However, he praised "Show Some Emotion" and "Willow" as highlights.
This song is by Joan Armatrading and appear. n the album Show Some Emotion (1977). on the compilation album Track Record (1983). on the compilation album The Very Best Of (1991). Show some emotionPut expression in your eyesLight up if you're feeling happyBut if it's bad then let those tears roll down.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Woncha Come On Home
Mbira [Thumb Piano] – Joan Armatrading
|A2||Show Some Emotion||3:31|
Acoustic Guitar [Lead Acoustic Guitar] – Jerry DonahueArranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Brian RogersDrums – Henry Spinetti
|A4||Never Is Too Late||5:32|
|A5||Peace In Mind
Organ – Tim HinkleyPiano [Acoustic Piano] – Joan Armatrading
Acoustic Guitar [Lead Acoustic Guitar] – Joan ArmatradingBacking Vocals – Joe Scott, Pete Clarke Drums – Kenny JonesSlide Guitar – Jerry Donahue
Saxophone – Mel Collins
|B3||Get In The Sun
Backing Vocals – Joe Scott, Pete Clarke
Arranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Brian Rogers
|B5||Kissin' And A Huggin'
Drums – Henry SpinettiPiano – Tim HinkleySaxophone – Mel Collins
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Published By – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Made By – Shorewood Packaging
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – Sheffield Lab Matrix – △253
- Pressed By – CBS, Haarlem
- Acoustic Guitar – Joan Armatrading (tracks: A1 to A4, B1 to B5)
- Art Direction – Fabio Nicoli
- Bass – Bryan Garofalo (tracks: A2, A4, A5, B2 to B4), Dave Markee (tracks: A3, B1, B5)
- Design – Nick Marshall
- Drums – David Kemper (tracks: A2, A4, A5, B2 to B4)
- Electric Guitar – Jerry Donahue (tracks: A2, A4, A5, B2 to B5)
- Electric Piano [Rhodes] – Georgie Fame (tracks: A2 to A5, B2, B4)
- Engineer [Assisted By] – John Astley*
- Organ – Rabbit* (tracks: A2, A4, B2, B3)
- Photography By [Sleeve Photography] – David Montgomery
- Producer, Engineer – Glyn Johns
- Written-By, Vocals – Joan Armatrading
NotesRecorded at Olympic Studios, London.
℗ 1977 A&M Records, Inc.
© 1977 A&M Records, Inc.
Georgie Fame appears courtesy of Island Records.
John Bundrick (Rabbit) appears courtesy of Island Records.
Kenny Jones appears courtesy of Atlantic Records.
Inner color sleeve with lyrics/credits/pictures.
Printed in Holland
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 0149
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A-side): [etching:] A&M SP-5063 INT. + SLM Δ253 HOLLAND [stamped:] 19-68433-1A-1 A|B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B-side, stamped): 19-68433-1B-1 B
- Price Code: Ⓨ
- Price Code (Circled): 54
|AMLH 68433||Joan Armatrading||Show Some Emotion (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMLH 68433||UK||1977|
|SP 4663||Joan Armatrading||Show Some Emotion (LP, Album)||A&M Records||SP 4663||Canada||1977|
|CD 3273||Joan Armatrading||Show Some Emotion (CD, Album)||A&M Records||CD 3273||Japan||Unknown|
|394 663-2||Joan Armatrading||Show Some Emotion (CD, Album)||A&M Records||394 663-2||Germany||Unknown|
|AMLH 68433||Joan Armatrading||Show Some Emotion (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMLH 68433||Barbados||1977|