Annie Lennox - Medusa album
Date of release: 1995
Size MP3: 1206 mb
Size FLAC: 1396 mb
Format: AU AC3 AA WMA VQF WAV AAC
Medusa is the second solo album by the Scottish singer Annie Lennox, released in March 1995, and consists entirely of cover songs. It entered the UK Albums Chart at number 1 and peaked in the United States at number 11, spending 60 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart. It has since achieved double platinum status in both the United Kingdom and the United States and sold more than 6 million copies worldwide.
Ann Lennox OBE (born 25 December 1954) is a Scottish singer-songwriter, political activist and philanthropist. After achieving moderate success in the late 1970s as part of the new wave band The Tourists, she and fellow musician David A. Stewart went on to achieve major international success in the 1980s as Eurythmics. With a total of eight Brit Awards, which includes being named Best British Female Artist a record six times, Lennox has been named the "Brits Champion of Champions".
LP (12" album, 33 rpm). Annie Lennox Format: Vinyl. Lennox's second solo album, Medusa, was produced by Steve Lipson and originally released in 1995. Consisting entirely of cover songs, Medusa yielded the hit 'No More I Love You's' which won Best Pop Vocal Performance (Female) at the 1996 Grammys.
Labels RCA, BMG. Bass.
Band Name Annie Lennox. Released date 08 March 1995. Members owning this album9. 1. No More I Love You's (The Lover Speaks Cover). 2. Take Me to the River (Al Green Cover). 3. A Whiter Shade of Pale (Procol Harum Cover).
Medusa is the second solo album by the Scottish singer Annie Lennox, released in March 1995. It consists solely of cover songs, all originally recorded by male artists. It entered the UK album chart at No. 1 and peaked in the US at number 11, spending 60 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart. Annie Lennox called her justifiably popular solo debut "Diva," but it's actually on the follow-up effort "Medusa" that she really starts acting like one. This wildly uneven album of cover versions starts with perhaps its highest point-a truly wonderful interpretation of "No More I Love You's," a relatively obscure British hit by the Lover Speaks.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||No More "I Love You's"
Written-By – D. Freeman*, J. Hughes*
|2||Take Me To The River
Written-By – A. Green*, M. Hodges*
|3||A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Written-By – G. Brooker*, K. Reid*
|4||Don't Let It Bring You Down
Written-By – N. Young*
|5||Train In Vain
Written-By – J. Strummer*, M. Jones*
|6||I Can't Get Next To You
Written-By – B. Strong/N. Whitfield*
Written-By – P. Buchanan*
|8||Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Written-By – J. Members*, R. Poindexter*, R. Poindexter*
|9||Waiting In Vain
Written-By – B. Marley*
|10||Something So Right
Written-By – P. Simon*
- Record Company – Bertelsmann Music Group
- Licensed To – BMG Music Canada Inc.
- Distributed By – BMG Music Canada Inc.
- Manufactured By – Cinram
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BMG Ariola München GmbH
- Copyright (c) – BMG Records (UK) Ltd.
- Published By – Anxious Music Ltd.
- Published By – BMG Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Burlington Music Ltd.
- Published By – Onward Music Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Virgin Music Ltd.
- Published By – Jobete Music
- Published By – Blue Mountain Music
- Published By – Pattern Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – The Aquarium
- Mixed At – The Aquarium
- Accordion – James McNally
- Arranged By [Orchestral, Brass, String] – Anne Dudley
- Bass – Doug Wimbish
- Drums – Dann Gillen, Neil Conti
- Engineer, Mixed By – Heff Moraes
- Guitar – Tony Pastor*
- Harmonica – Judd Lander, Mark Feltham
- Keyboards – Andy Richards, Matthew Cooper*, Peter-John Vettese*
- Keyboards, Programmed By – Marius de Vries
- Management – Simon Fuller
- Percussion, Bass – Louis Jardim*
- Photography By – Bettina Rheims
- Producer – Stephen Lipson
- Producer [Pre-production] – Marius de Vries
- Programmed By [Additional] – Danny D*, Steve Sidelnyk
- Programmed By, Guitar, Keyboards, Bass – Stephen Lipson
- Santoor – Kirampal Singh*
- Sleeve, Design – Laurence Stevens
- Tabla – Pandit Dinesh
- Vocals, Keyboards, Flute – Annie Lennox
Track 1: Anxious Music Ltd./BMG Music Publishing Ltd.
Track 2: Burlington Music Ltd.
Track 3: Onward Music Ltd.
Tracks 4, 7, 8: Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
Track 5: EMI Virgin Music Ltd.
Track 6: Jobete Music.
Track 9: Blue Mountain Music.
Track 10: Pattern Music Ltd.
TM(s) under license to BMG Music Canada Inc.
Distributed by BMG Music Canada Inc. Distribué par Musique BMG du Canada Inc.
Printed in Canada
℗ 1995 The Copyright of this sound recording is owned by BMG Ariola Muenchen GmbH. © 1995 bmg records [uk] ltd.
Released in standard jewel case with a fold-up booklet.
All durations above are those when playing the CD. All are less or more a few seconds vs. those listed on release, except track 8 "Thin Line Between Love And Hate" which has a duration around one minute shorter.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 43212 57172 1
- Matrix / Runout: #950202F 7432125717-2 L381 MFG BY CINRAM
- Mastering SID Code: L381
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 6000
|74321257172||Annie Lennox||Medusa (CD, Album)||RCA, BMG||74321257172||Netherlands||1995|
|74321257172, BMG-068||Annie Lennox||Medusa (CD, Album, RE, Box)||RCA, BMG||74321257172, BMG-068||China||2002|
|74321257172, 35648 5||Annie Lennox||Medusa (CD, Album, Club)||RCA, BMG, RCA, BMG||74321257172, 35648 5||Europe||1995|
|74321-25717-4, 74321-257172-4||Annie Lennox||Medusa (Cass, Album)||RCA, BMG||74321-25717-4, 74321-257172-4||Indonesia||1995|
|BVCM-37919, 74321-25552-2||Annie Lennox = アニー・レノックス*||Annie Lennox = アニー・レノックス* - Medusa = メドゥーサ (CD, Album, RE)||BMG, RCA, BMG, RCA||BVCM-37919, 74321-25552-2||Japan||2007|