Bark Psychosis - Hex album
Style: Post Rock, Experimental
Date of release: 1994
Size MP3: 1776 mb
Size FLAC: 1419 mb
Format: VQF TTA MP3 ADX DXD RA AHX
For all the power this album packs instrumentally, I just cannot get into lead singer Graham Sutton's voice.
A masterpiece of unrivalled beauty and complexity, Bark Psychosis' Hex channels the experimentation of the group's prior singles into a more controlled setting; a series of atmospheric set pieces, the songs find a common ground between accepted musical formulas and avant innovation - at first glance, tracks like "Big Shot" and "Eyes & Smiles" appear tightly structured, yet they avoid the dynamics.
Hex is the debut studio album by British post-rock band Bark Psychosis. It was released on 14 February 1994 by Circa Records in the United Kingdom, and on 11 March 1994 by Caroline Records in the United States.
Hex (CDr, Album, Promo, RE, RM). Fire Records. Hex (Cass, Album, Promo). CIRC 29. Bark Psychosis.
However, when Bark Psychosis came along with Hex, post rock finally developed a name for itself and what an album Hex proved to be. Boasting a lush sound and a truly masterful array of evocative songs, Hex exists as an influential masterpiece and if closely examined, one could easily see how Explosions In The Sky gets some of their influence
Band Name Bark Psychosis. Album Name Hex. Type Album. Labels Caroline Records. Music StylePost-Rock. Members owning this album1.
Hex Bark Psychosis to stream in hi-fi, or to download in True CD Quality on Qobuz. Listen to this album with our unlimited streaming subscriptions. Enjoy this album from Bark Psychosis on the Qobuz apps thanks to your subscription. on the built-in player.
On Hex, the only album Bark Psychosis made across their initial, fated run, the group are looking much further afield – here, there are trace elements of holy minimalism, ECM jazz, the fractal jazz-funk of Miles Davis, the sea-spray of Can. In some ways, it’s a surprise that Bark Psychosis even found their way here. In the late ‘80s, the group, led by teenage friends Graham Sutton and John Ling, were enamoured of the heavy/noisy aesthetic of groups like Swans, Napalm Death and Sonic Youth
|2||A Street Scene||5:35|
|6||Eyes & Smiles||8:30|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Circa Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Circa Records Ltd.
- Made By – EMI Swindon
- Bass, Sampler, Programmed By, Percussion – John Ling
- Cello – Ivan McCready
- Design – Graham Sutton
- Djembe – Dave Ross
- Drums, Percussion – Mark Simnett
- Engineer – Bark Psychosis, Darren Westbrook, Mike Long, Mog , Nick Wollage
- Engineer [Assistant] – Henry Binns, Lee Harris, Pete Molyneux
- Flute – Phil Brown
- Keyboards, Piano, Organ [Hammond] – Daniel Gish
- Mastered By – Chris Blair
- Mixed By – Bark Psychosis, Roy Spong
- Photography By – Alastair Thain, Peter Morris, Toby McFarlan-Pond*
- Strings – The Duke Quartet
- Triangle, Programmed By – Neil Aldridge
- Trumpet – Del Crabtree
- Vibraphone – Pete Beresford*
- Viola – John Metcalfe
- Violin – Louisa Fuller, Rick Coster*
- Vocals, Sampler, Programmed By, Guitar, Piano, Melodica, Organ [Hammond] – Graham Sutton
- Written-By, Arranged By, Producer – Bark Psychosis
NotesRecorded March to November 1993.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 24383 94422 4
- Matrix / Runout: 839442 2 . 2:1:1. EMI SWINDON
- Rights Society: BIEM / MCPS
- Label Code: LC 3098
- Other: PM 527
|none||Bark Psychosis||Hex (7xFile, FLAC, Album, RE, RM)||Fire Records||none||UK||2017|
|none||Bark Psychosis||Hex (CDr, Album, Promo, RE, RM)||Fire Records||none||UK||2017|
|none||Bark Psychosis||Hex (Cass, Album, Promo)||Caroline Records||none||US||1994|
|CAROL 1753-2||Bark Psychosis||Hex (CD, Album)||Caroline Records||CAROL 1753-2||US||1994|
|CIRC 29||Bark Psychosis||Hex (Cass, Album)||Circa||CIRC 29||UK||1994|