Don Ellis And His Orchestra - Autumn album
Style: Big Band
Date of release: 1994
Size MP3: 1834 mb
Size FLAC: 1505 mb
Format: MPC RA FLAC AHX DMF MP2 VOX
Autumn is an album by trumpeter Don Ellis recorded in 1968 and released on the Columbia label This is a classic release". All compositions by Don Ellis except as indicated. Variations for Trumpet" - 19:25. Scratt and Fluggs" - 2:00. Pussy Wiggle Stomp" - 6:43. Blues" (Charlie Parker) - 8:46. Child of Ecstasy" - 3:16. Indian Lady" - 17:39.
Don Ellis And His Orchestra. Autumn (LP, Album, Mono).
Album · 1967 · 6 Songs. The Don Ellis Orchestra. Dave Brubeck's Greatest Hits.
Donald Johnson Ellis (July 25, 1934 – December 17, 1978) was an American jazz trumpeter, drummer, composer, and bandleader. He is best known for his extensive musical experimentation, particularly in the area of time signatures. Later in his life he worked as a film composer, contributing a score to 1971's The French Connection and 1973's The Seven-Ups. Ellis was born in Los Angeles, California, on July 25, 1934. His father was a Methodist minister and his mother a church organist.
By: The Don Ellis Orchestra (1968, Jazz). 1. Variations For Trumpet. 2. Scratt And Fluggs. 3. Pussy Wiggle Stomp.
Filed under Progressive Big Band By DON ELLIS. A1 Variations For Trumpet 19:23 A2 Scratt And Fluggs 1:57 A3 Pussy Wiggle Stomp 6:47 B1 . Blues 8:44 B2 Child Of Ecstasy 3:14 B3 Indian Lady 17:42.
Don't Worry 'bout Me - Billie Holiday, Ray Ellis & his Orchestra. All The Way - Billie Holiday, Ray Ellis And His Orchestra. I'm a Fool to Want You - Billie Holiday feat. Ray Ellis and His Orchestra feat. Ray Ellis and His Orchestra. 08 - It's Easy To Remember - Billie Holiday With Ray Ellis And His Orchestra - Lady In Satin (1958). 09 - But Beautiful - Billie Holiday With Ray Ellis And His Orchestra - Lady In Satin (1958). You Don't Know What Love Is (Lady in Satin) - Billie Holiday (with Ray Ellis & His Orchestra).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Variations For Trumpet||19:28|
|2||Scratt And Fluggs||1:59|
|3||Pussy Wiggle Stomp||6:42|
Written-By – C.Parker*
|5||Child Of Ecstasy||3:16|
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Recorded At – Stanford University
- Pressed By – DADC Austria
- Published By – Ellis Music Enterprises
- Alto Saxophone – Frank Strozier (tracks: 2 to 6), Ira Schulman (tracks: 1, 4, 6)
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Piccolo Flute – Ron Starr (tracks: 1)
- Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet – John Magruder (tracks: 2 to 6)
- Bass – Dave Parlato
- Bass Trombone – Don Switzer (tracks: 1, 4, 6)
- Bass, Electric Bass [Fender] – Ray Neapolitan
- Clarinet – Frank Strozier (tracks: 2, 3, 5), John Klemmer (tracks: 2, 3, 5)
- Clarinet, Clarinet [A] – John Magruder (tracks: 2, 3, 5)
- Clavinet, Piano – Pete Robinson (tracks: 2 to 6)
- Congas – Lee Pastora
- Drums – Ralph Humphrey
- Electric Piano, Piano [Prepared] – Pete Robinson (tracks: 2, 3, 5)
- Engineer – Brian Ross-Myring
- Percussion [Miscellaneous] – Gene Strimling
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Jim Marshall
- Piano, Clavinet, Electric Piano – Mike Lang (tracks: 1)
- Producer ["Jazz Originals" Series] – Henri Renaud
- Producer, Liner Notes [Original] – Al Kooper
- Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Clarinet, Clarinet [E♭] – Ron Starr (tracks: 2, 3, 5)
- Soprano Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet – Sam Falzone (tracks: 2, 3, 5)
- Tenor Saxophone – John Klemmer (tracks: 2 to 6), Sam Falzone (tracks: 2 to 6)
- Trombone – Ernie Carlson, Glenn Ferris, Terry Woodson (tracks: 2, 3, 5)
- Trumpet – Glenn Stuart
- Trumpet [Quarter-tone, Amplified] – Don Ellis
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Bob Harmon, John Rosenberg, Stu Blumberg*
- Tuba – Doug Bixby (tracks: 2, 3, 5), Roger Bobo (tracks: 1)
- Vibraphone, Percussion [Miscellaneous] – Mark Stevens (tracks: 1)
- Written-By – Don Ellis (tracks: 1 to 3, 5,6)
NotesIndian Lady and K.C. Blues were recorded live at Stanford University.
This CD contains previously released material (CS 9721).
© 1969 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Ⓟ 1969 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099747 262227
- Matrix / Runout: 14-472622-10 13 A1 DADC AUSTRIA
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Other (Distribution Code): CB 731
- Other: 14-472622-10
- Label Code (Circled): CDM
|CS 9721||Don Ellis And His Orchestra*||Autumn (LP, Album)||Columbia||CS 9721||US||1968|
|M 63503||Don Ellis And His Orchestra*||Autumn (LP, Album, Mono)||CBS||M 63503||UK||1968|
|CS 9721||Don Ellis And His Orchestra*||Autumn (LP, Album)||Columbia||CS 9721||Canada||1968|
|FIVEFOUR33||Don Ellis And His Orchestra*||Autumn (CD, Album, RE)||FiveFour||FIVEFOUR33||UK||2012|
|SBP 473661||Don Ellis And His Orchestra*||Autumn (LP, Album)||CBS||SBP 473661||New Zealand||1968|