Anita Baker - Rapture album
Style: Smooth Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Soul
Date of release: 1986
Size MP3: 1439 mb
Size FLAC: 1486 mb
Format: AUD DMF ADX WMA XM DTS MP3
Rapture is the second album by American vocalist Anita Baker, released in 1986. This became Baker's breakout album, selling over 8 million copies worldwide (of which 5 million in the US) and earning her two Grammy Awards. The album's first track, "Sweet Love", was a top 10 Billboard hit in addition to winning a Grammy Award. The music video for the track "Same Ole Love" was filmed and recorded at Baker's Keyboard Lounge.
Words By, Music By – Anita Baker, Gary Bias, Louis A. Johnson. Backing Vocals – Alex Brown (tracks: A2, B4), Anita Baker (tracks: A1 to B2), Bunny Hull (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B3, B4), Darryl Phinnissee (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B2 to B4), Jim Gilstrap (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B3, B4), Lynn Davis (tracks
Though Anita Baker got some airplay out of The Songstress, that promising solo debut didn't bring her financial security. In fact, Baker was earning her living as a legal secretary in her native Detroit when she signed with Elektra in the mid-'80s. Elektra gave her a strong promotional push, and the equally superb Rapture became the megahit that The Songstress should have been.
Following Anita Baker's 1983 debut lack of success,Anita Baker realized that her husky and rangy vocal approach required a broader musical base. That album has essentially been a combination of quiet storm style soul ballads and spirited live band oriented funk. Extremely capable on both,what was needed for Baker was a sense of identity. An Anita Baker sound as it were.
Free Download "Anita Baker - 1986 - Rapture" Album. Find out more about the artist and the album. gr A Funk, Soul, Jazz & R&B digital record collection. Anita Baker – 1986 – Rapture. Here is one that Nikos and I (Trakbuv) have been discussing for a while – the idea to have a few more posts from the 1980s, and a few more of those all-time classics. And one album that always pops out as a united chorus is Anita Baker‘s Rapture.
Rapture is the second album by the American vocalist Anita Baker. It was released in 1986, becoming her breakout album, selling over 8 million copies worldwide (of which 5 million in the US) and earning her two Grammy Awards. It produced one moving hit after another, including "Sweet Love," "Caught up in the Rapture", "Same Ole Love," and "No One in This World.
Anita Denise Baker (born January 26, 1958) is an American singer-songwriter. Starting her career in the late 1970s with the funk band Chapter 8, Baker released her first solo album, The Songstress, in 1983. In 1986, she rose to stardom following the release of her platinum-selling second album, Rapture, which included the Grammy-winning single "Sweet Love"
Pictures, videos, biodata, and files relating to Rapture (Anita Baker album) are also acceptable encyclopedic sources.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Baker*, Bias*, Johnson*
|A2||You Bring Me Joy
Written-By – David Lasley
|A3||Caught Up In The Rapture
Written-By – Quander*, Glenn*
|A4||Been So Long
Written-By – Anita Baker
Written-By – Rod Temperton
|B2||No One In The World
Written-By – Hirsch*, Sharron*
|B3||Same Ole Love
Written-By – Roberts*, McLeod*
|B4||Watch Your Step
Written-By – Anita Baker
- Manufactured By – Record Service GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Published By – Jobete Music (UK) Ltd.
- Published By – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music Ltd.
- Published By – Baker's Tune
- Published By – ATV Music Ltd.
- Pressed By – Record Service Alsdorf
- Mastered At – Specialty Records Corporation
- Executive-Producer – Anita Baker
- Producer – Gary Skardina (tracks: B3), Marti Sharron (tracks: B3), Michael J. Powell (tracks: A1-A4, B1, B2, B4.)
Notes℗ 1986 Elektra/Asylum Records for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States.
© 1986 Elektra/Asylum Records
Manufactured in Germany by Record Service GmbH, Alsdorf.
A1/B3 Published by Jobete Music(UK) Ltd
A2/B1 Published by Rondor Music(London)Ltd
A3 Published by Warner Bros. Music Ltd
A4/B4 Published by Baker's Tune
B2 Published by ATV Music Ltd
Runout side A: "34 STE- 60444-A-1 -3 SP-GER" is etched
Runout side B: "X „D." STE- 60444-B-1 1-4 SP-GER" is etched.
Runout side A and B: SRC (Large S with the R and C in the loops).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Label Code (for Elektra): LC 0192
- Barcode: 07559-60444-1
- Price Code (France): WE 381
- Price Code: U
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Rights Society: BIEM
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, stamped, variant 1): R / S Alsdorf 960444-1-A 34 STE- 60444-A-1 SRC 1-3 SP-GER
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, stamped, variant 1): R / S Alsdorf 960444-1-BX 2X „D." STE- 60444-B-1 1-4 SRC SP-GER
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, variant 2 etched except R/S Alsdorf 960444-1-A stamped): R/S Alsdorf 960444-1-AX 44 STE-60444-A-1 SRC 1-3 SP-GER
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, variant 2 etched except R/S Alsdorf 960444-1-B stamped): R/S Alsdorf 960444-1-BXX 21 STE-60444-B-1 1-4 SP-GER SRC UK
|9 60444-1, 60444-1||Anita Baker||Rapture (LP, Album, Spe)||Elektra, Elektra||9 60444-1, 60444-1||US||1986|
|AMCY-3002||Anita Baker||Rapture (CD, Album, RE)||Elektra||AMCY-3002||Japan||1997|
|LSEL 71036||Anita Baker||Rapture (LP, Album)||Jugoton||LSEL 71036||Yugoslavia||1986|
|none||Anita Baker||Rapture (8xFile, FLAC, Album, RM, 24b)||Atlantic, Rhino Records||none||2012|
|E4-60444, 60444-4||Anita Baker||Rapture (Cass, Album, Club)||Elektra, Elektra||E4-60444, 60444-4||US||1986|