Freddie Hubbard - Blue Spirits album
Title: Blue Spirits
Style: Hard Bop
Date of release: 2004
Size MP3: 1261 mb
Size FLAC: 1695 mb
Format: XM DTS AUD AC3 APE MIDI ASF
Freddie Hubbard Blue Spirits. Hip JazZ funK ReGgAe. UMG; CMRRA, SOLAR Music Rights Management, UBEM, LatinAutor, EMI Music Publishing, LatinAutor - SonyATV" и другие авторские общества (1). Ещё. Свернуть. Автовоспроизведение Если функция включена, то следующий ролик начнет воспроизводиться автоматически.
Blue Spirits (LP, Album, Mono). TOCJ-9566, BST-84196. Jodo by Freddie Hubbard 7:10. Jazzanova - Blue Spirits (Freddie Hubbard) 11:26. Outer Forces - Freddie Hubbard 9:38. chelton1, Laserdance, ascap.
Boisterous Earthy Energetic Gritty Passionate Playful Sophisticated. This CD, Freddie Hubbard's last Blue Note release of the 1960s (with the exception of the blowing session The Night of the Cookers), adds two numbers to the original LP program and features the great trumpeter in three challenging settings ranging from a sextet to an octet
Frederick Dewayne Hubbard (April 7, 1938 – December 29, 2008) was an American jazz trumpeter. He was known primarily for playing in the bebop, hard bop, and post-bop styles from the early 1960s onwards. His unmistakable and influential tone contributed to new perspectives for modern jazz and bebop. Hubbard started playing the mellophone and trumpet in his school band at Arsenal Technical High School in Indianapolis, Indiana
Album · 1965 · 5 Songs. 2015 Blue Note Records. More By Freddie Hubbard.
Blue Spirits is a hard bop music album recording by FREDDIE HUBBARD released in 1965 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. FREDDIE HUBBARD - Blue Spirits. Filed under Hard Bop By FREDDIE HUBBARD.
A Blue Note essential, Blue Spirits is part of the Blue Note 75 anniversary vinyl reissue campaign, featuring 100 titles. Key to the initiative is high quality audio at affordable prices. Blue Note launched a partnership with indie record stores called Blue Note Authorized Dealers which supports the Blue Note LP reissues. Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). I got much more than the hard bop outing I expected, as this album is a treasure trove of fantastic horn playing and elegant soulful compositions from Hubbard.
Info for Blue Spirits. This excellent 1966 set features a diverse range of ensembles, all lead by trumpeter Freddie Hubbard. The first is an octet, featuring congas and a euphonium; the second, a seven-member group, including the great McCoy Tyner on piano; the third is a sextet that boasts drummer Elvin Jones and Herbie Hancock (who doubles on piano and celeste). James Spaulding lends his alto sax and flute to two of the groups, and Joe Henderson is in two as well (his melodic, yet adventurous, tenor sax playing is especially notable). Hubbard also stepped briefly into the pop arena when he played a solo on Zanzibar, a track from Billy Joel’s Grammy-winning 1978 album, 52nd Street. As the ‘80s got under way, Hubbard was once again leading his own group, playing at concerts and festivals in the .
|6||The Melting Pot||7:33|
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Pressed By – www.mediamotion.com
- Alto Saxophone, Bassoon – Hosea Taylor (tracks: 6, 7)
- Alto Saxophone, Flute – James Spaulding (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Bass – Bob Cranshaw (tracks: 2, 3, 5), Larry Ridley (tracks: 1, 4), Reggie Workman (tracks: 6, 7)
- Congas – Big Black (tracks: 1, 4)
- Design [Cover] – Reid Miles
- Drums – Clifford Jarvis (tracks: 1, 4), Elvin Jones (tracks: 6, 7), Pete La Roca (tracks: 2, 3, 5)
- Euphonium – Kiane Zawadi (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Liner Notes [Original] – Nat Hentoff
- Liner Notes [Reissue] – Bob Blumenthal
- Photography By [Cover Photograph, Liner Photographs] – Francis Wolff
- Piano – Harold Mabern (tracks: 1, 4), McCoy Tyner (tracks: 2, 3, 5)
- Piano, Celesta – Herbie Hancock (tracks: 6, 7)
- Producer – Alfred Lion
- Recorded By, Remastered By  – Rudy Van Gelder
- Reissue Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Tenor Saxophone – Hank Mobley (tracks: 2, 3, 5), Joe Henderson (tracks: 1, 4, 6, 7)
- Trumpet, Composed By – Freddie Hubbard
NotesRecorded on February 19, (#1 & 4) and February 26, (#2, 3 & 5), 1965 and March 5, 1966 (#6 & 7) at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Tracks 6 and 7 not part of the original album.
Originally released in 1965.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 7 243-5-94318-2 6
- Barcode (Scanned): 724359431826
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LW03
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AAHY1
- Matrix / Runout: 020101 WWW.MEDIAMOTION.COM 5943182 @ 2
- Other: UK: 594 3182
- Other: F: PM 592
- Label Code: LC0133
|BLP 4196||Freddie Hubbard||Blue Spirits (LP, Album, Mono)||Blue Note||BLP 4196||US||1965|
|TOCJ-9566, BST-84196||Freddie Hubbard||Blue Spirits (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Pap)||Blue Note, Blue Note||TOCJ-9566, BST-84196||Japan||2003|
|BST 84196||Freddie Hubbard||Blue Spirits (LP, Album)||Blue Note||BST 84196||US||1966|
|BST-84196||Freddie Hubbard||Blue Spirits (LP, Album, RE)||Blue Note||BST-84196||US||1975|
|BLP 4196||Freddie Hubbard||Blue Spirits (LP, Album, Mono, RP)||Blue Note||BLP 4196||US||1965|