Katatonia - Viva Emptiness album
Title: Viva Emptiness
Style: Alternative Rock, Goth Rock, Heavy Metal
Date of release: 2003
Size MP3: 1813 mb
Size FLAC: 1965 mb
Format: MP4 ASF VOX AAC MOD MP2 AHX
Viva Emptiness is the sixth full-length album by Katatonia, released in 2003 by Peaceville Records. On the album's tenth anniversary in 2013, it was re-released, featuring a new mix, mastering, and additional keyboard arrangements. Its main subjects are loneliness, social relations, crime, lying and depression. Viva Emptiness incorporates more of a rock style, with a strong but melodic doom metal sound influenced by progressive and alternative metal.
Viva Emptiness is the sixth full-length album by Katatonia, released in 2003 by Peaceville Records. Its main subjects are loneliness, social relations, lying and depression. Viva Emptiness incorporates more of a rock sound with a strong but melodic doom metal sound that incorporates influences from progressive rock and alternative metal amongst others.
Album · 2003 · 13 Songs. See All. Last Fair Deal Gone Down. The Great Cold Distance.
Viva Emptiness is a bizarre collection of tracks. In many ways, it feels like two albums strung together through colliding interests. The bulk of the album appears to depict a tale of crime, likely involving the mafia, as indicated by track names such as Criminals, Evidence and Omerta. Other parts, however, break this pattern and rhythm by, ironically enough, being thematically par for the course by Katatonia’s standards. Viva Emptiness feels like a tragedy in disguise. For all the grievances and shortcomings, Katatonia did bring some interesting ideas to the table and even managed to occasionally succeed with this strange mix of doom and alternative metal. One gets the impression that after a host of repressed-sounding records, Viva Emptiness was the inevitable, overdue awakening.
Viva Emptiness is a music studio album recording by KATATONIA (Progressive Metal/Progressive Rock) released in 2003 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Viva Emptiness Peaceville 2013. Viva Emptiness by KATATONIA (2013-11-19) Peaceville. Sort: Recent best-seller.
Katatonia Viva Emptiness (Full Album 2003). play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Katatonia - Viva Emptiness Ghost of the Sun. 04:07.
Viva Emptiness," musically, is the most genius album of the band, no one album would sound like this. In " Viva Emptiness " the band play with every detail what is variation but without lost some of the image that the band conserves. In a little bit time? A complex album like this it would take at least 5 years or more, like an album of Tool or Meshuggah, but well, Katatonia are very genius, they would haven't done better. Lyrics - 10 I've say this every time, the most important part of Katatonia are the lyrics! And in this album, Jonas had the most catchiest and darkest lyrics of any other Katatonia album.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Ghost Of The Sun
Backing Vocals – Liljekvist*
Songwriter – Nyström*, F.Norrman*, Renkse*
|5||Will I Arrive||4:09|
|6||Burn The Remembrance||5:22|
|8||One Year From Now
Slide Guitar – M. Norrman*
|9||Walking By A Wire||3:32|
|13||Inside The City Of Glass||4:08|
- Recorded At – Studios 301, Stockholm
- Recorded At – Studio Kuling
- Edited At – The Room
- Mixed At – Studio Kuling
- Mastered At – Tailor Maid Production
- Published By – Vile Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Peaceville Records
- Copyright (c) – Peaceville Records
- Pressed By – www.VDCGroup.com – 37867
- Art Direction, Design – Nyström*, Renkse*, Travis Smith
- Bass – Mattias Norrman
- Drums, Percussion – Daniel Liljekvist
- Edited By [Additional] – Dan Swanö
- Engineer – Katatonia
- Engineer [Assisted By] – Ian Agate
- Guitar – Fred Norrman*
- Guitar, Keyboards, Programmed By – Anders Nyström
- Lyrics By [All] – Renkse*
- Mastered By – Peter In De Betou
- Mixed By – Jens Bogren
- Mixed By [With] – Nyström*, Renkse*
- Photography By [Band] – Richard Lundberg
- Producer – Nyström*, Renkse*
- Songwriter [All Songs Written By] – Nyström* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 13), Renkse* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 13)
- Vocals, Guitar, Programmed By – Jonas Renkse
NotesRecorded at Studios 301, Stockholm, October/November 2002.
Additional recording at Studio Kuling B, Örebro.
Additional editing at The Room, Örebro.
Mixed at Studio Kuling A, Örebro, December 2002.
Mastered at Tailor Maid, Stockholm.
All songs published by Vile Music (A Division Of Zomba Music Publishers Ltd)
℗ 2003 Peaceville Records
© 2003 Peaceville Records
Peaceville is a Snapper Music Label
Made in the UK
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 01056 81032 8
- Label Code: LC 01702
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): CDVILEF103 SNAPPER MUSIC 37867 www.vdcgroup.com
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI LD12
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 5016
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): CDVILEF103 SNAPPER MUSIC 37867 www.vdcgroup.com
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI LD12
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 5Q12
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): CDVILEF103 SNAPPER MUSIC 37867 www.vdcgroup.com
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI LD12
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 5Q10
|VILELP484TP||Katatonia||Viva Emptiness (2xLP, RE, RM, TP, W/Lbl)||Peaceville||VILELP484TP||Sweden||2013|
|CDVILED484X, CDVILD484X||Katatonia||Viva Emptiness (CD, Album, RE, RM, Dig)||Peaceville, Peaceville||CDVILED484X, CDVILD484X||UK||2013|
|CDVILEF103||Katatonia||Viva Emptiness (CD, Album)||Peaceville||CDVILEF103||Ukraine||2005|
|VILELP103||Katatonia||Viva Emptiness (LP, Album, Ltd, RE)||Peaceville||VILELP103||Europe||2011|
|CDVILED103||Katatonia||Viva Emptiness (CD, Album, Dig)||Peaceville||CDVILED103||UK||2004|