The Alan Parsons Project - Eve album
Style: Pop Rock, Synth-pop, Prog Rock
Date of release: 1979
Size MP3: 1136 mb
Size FLAC: 1948 mb
Format: VOC FLAC VQF TTA AHX APE MP3
Eve is the fourth studio album by English rock band The Alan Parsons Project, released on 27 August 1979 by Arista Records. The album's focus is on the strengths and characteristics of women, and the problems they face in the world of men. It had originally been intended to focus on "great women in history", but evolved into a wider concept. It features several songs from a misogynist point of view.
Produced by Alan Parsons Executive Producer – Eric Woolfson Engineer – Alan Parsons Assistant Engineers – Patrick Jauneaud at Super Bear, Dave Siddle at Arco Recorded at Super Bear Studio, Berre-Les-Alpes, France, Orchestra and Choir Recording at Arco Studio, Munich, Germany The Orchestra of the Munich Chamber Opera care of Eberhard Schoener. As many Project aficionados will know, a largely experimental album entitled ‘The Sicilian Defence’ was recorded at the same time as EVE. This work became the subject of a major disagreement with the record company and was shelved.
Producer, Engineer, Instruments, Written-By – Alan Parsons. Vocals – Clare Torry, Dave Townsend, Lenny Zakatek, Lesley Duncan. Rights Society: JASRAC. Other Versions (5 of 120) View All.
Band Name The Alan Parsons Project. Album Name Eve. Type Album. Music StyleProgressive Rock. Members owning this album31. 2. You Lie Down with Dogs. 3. I'd Rather Be a Man.
La temática se centra en aspectos particularmente humanos, como las relaciones afectivas hombre-mujer (If I Could Change Your Mind), las fortalezas y fe ocultas del hombre (Don't Hold Me Back) y la esperanza y el romanticismo, aspectos tradicionalmente ajenos a la temática de la mayoría de las obras de Alan Parsons. Un álbum bastante atípico en comparación al resto de su obra, el cual jamás deja de relucir en sus arreglos y creatividad electrónica (Lucifer, I'd Rather Be a Man)
By: The Alan Parsons Project (1979, Electronic). More albums from The Alan Parsons Project: Vulture Culture by The Alan Parsons Project. Stereotomy by The Alan Parsons Project. Ammonia Avenue by The Alan Parsons Project. Gaudi by The Alan Parsons Project. I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project. Tales Of Mystery And Imagination – Edgar Allan Poe by The Alan Parsons Project. Pyramid by The Alan Parsons Project. Eye In The Sky by The Alan Parsons Project. View all albums . Eve. By: The Alan Parsons Project (1979, Electronic).
The album's concept deals with the female's overpowering effect on man. Each song touches on her ability to dissect the male ego, especially through sexual means, originating with Eve's tempting Adam in the beginning of time. Not only does this idea gain strength as the album progresses, but a musical battle of the sexes begins to arise through each song. The gorgeous "You Won't Be There" spotlights man's insecurity. Sung by Dave Townsend, its melodramatic feel sets a perfect tone.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||You Lie Down With Dogs
Lead Vocals – Lenny Zakatek
|A3||I'd Rather Be A Man
Lead Vocals – David Paton
|A4||You Won't Be There
Lead Vocals – Dave Townsend
|A5||Winding Me Up
Lead Vocals – Chris Rainbow
|B1||Damned If I Do
Lead Vocals – Lenny Zakatek
|B2||Don't Hold Back
Lead Vocals – Clare Torry
|B4||If I Could Change Your Mind
Lead Vocals – Lesley Duncan
- Manufactured By – Nippon Phonogram Co., Ltd.
- Distributed By – Nippon Phonogram Co., Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Arista Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Arista Records, Inc.
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Ian Bairnson
- Arranged By [Orchestra, Choir], Conductor – Andrew Powell
- Backing Vocals, Vocals – Chris Rainbow
- Bass, Backing Vocals, Vocals – David Paton
- Conductor [Orchestra Care] – Eberhard Schoener
- Design [Cover Design] – Hipgnosis
- Drums, Percussion – Stuart Elliott
- Engineer [Assistant] – Dave Siddle, Patrick Jauneaud
- Executive-Producer, Keyboards, Instruments [Miscellaneous Instrumental Contributions], Written-By – Eric Woolfson
- Keyboards – Duncan Mackay
- Leader [Orchestra] – Sandor Farcas
- Mastered By [Uk] – Chris Blair
- Mastered By [Usa] – Wally Traugott
- Orchestra – The Orchestra Of The Munich Chamber Opera*
- Other [Orchestra Co-ordinator] – Curtis Briggs
- Other [Trivia Consultant] – Shapiro And Steinberg
- Producer, Engineer, Instruments [Miscellaneous Instrumental Contributions], Written-By – Alan Parsons
- Vocals – Clare Torry, Dave Townsend, Lenny Zakatek, Lesley Duncan
NotesⓅ&© 1979 Arista Records Inc.
Manufactured and Distributed by Nippon Phonogram Co., Ltd. Tokyo
Made in Japan
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: JASRAC
|AL 9504||The Alan Parsons Project||Eve (LP, Album, Gat)||Arista||AL 9504||US||1979|
|ABM 65035||The Alan Parsons Project||Eve (LP, Album, RE)||Arista||ABM 65035||Canada||1983|
|201 157||The Alan Parsons Project||Eve (LP, Album, Gat)||Arista||201 157||Netherlands||1979|
|SPART 1100||The Alan Parsons Project||Eve (LP, Album, Gat)||Arista||SPART 1100||UK||1979|
|ARS 1064||The Alan Parsons Project||Eve (LP, Album, RE)||Arista||ARS 1064||Italy||1983|