Stan Kenton - Cuban Fire! album
Title: Cuban Fire!
Style: Latin Jazz, Guajira, Guaracha
Size MP3: 1377 mb
Size FLAC: 1964 mb
Format: MIDI MPC AAC DTS VOC TTA WAV
This was Stan Kenton's big band's first full-length recording of Afro-Cuban-styled music. The LP charted for four weeks in Billboard starting on September 15, 1956, peaking at The concept of the original 1956 recording centers on the Cuban Fire! suite Kenton had commissioned from composer Johnny Richards.
Album · 1991 · 12 Songs. Fuego Cubano (Cuban Fire). 2. El Congo Valiente (Valiant Congo). 3. Recuerdos (Reminiscences).
Watch the video for Fuego Cubano (Cuban Fire) from Stan Kenton's Cuban Fire! for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Stanley Newcomb Kenton (December 15, 1911 August 25, 1979) led a highly innovative, influential, and often controversial American jazz orchestra. In later years he was widely active as an educator. View full artist profile.
Fuego Cubano (Cuban Fire), 06:02. Quien Sabe (Who Knows), 04:49. La Quera Baila (The Fair One Dances), 05:09.
Cuban Fire is a latin jazz music album recording by STAN KENTON released in 1956 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. STAN KENTON - Cuban Fire. Filed under Latin Jazz By STAN KENTON.
Stan Kenton - Fuego Cubano (Cuban Fire) (Remastered 2016). Download MP3. Stan Kenton.
On this album, the Stan Kenton Orchestra performs Cuban Fire in a monophonic recording made in 1956. There has never really been anything like the Big Band era. Bands like Stan Kenton’s rehearsed like classical orchestras and employed musicians that were some of the best ever. They took their music just as seriously as the classical ensembles. Cuban Fire begins with the piece by the same name. Other movements include Valiant Congo, Reminiscences, Who Knows, The Fain One Dances, and Fortune of Fools. We also hear Three Hearts, Malibu Moonlight, El Panzon, Carnival, and Wagon by Richardson.
|A1||Fuego Cubano (Cuban Fire)|
|A2||El Congo Valiente (Valiant Congo)|
|B1||Quien Sabe (Who Knows)|
|B2||La Guera Baila (The Fair One)|
|B3||La Suerte De Los Tontos (Fortunes Of Fools)|
- Manufactured By – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Scranton
- Artwork – Nory*
- Bass – Curtis Counce
- Bongos – Willie Rodriguez
- Claves – Roger Mozian
- Congas – Tommy Lopez
- Drums – Mel Lewis
- Flugelhorn – Vinnie Tanno (tracks: B1)
- French Horn – Irving Rosenthal, Julius Watkins
- Guitar – Ralph Blaze
- Liner Notes – Bill Coss
- Maracas – Mario Alvarez
- Orchestra – Stan Kenton And His Orchestra
- Piano, Conductor – Stan Kenton
- Saxophone – Bill Perkins, Bill Root*, Lennie Niehaus, Lucky Thompson
- Timbales – George Laguna
- Timpani – George Gaber (tracks: B2, B3), Saul Gubin* (tracks: A1, A2, A3, B1)
- Trombone – Bob Fitzpatrick, Carl Fontana, Don Kelly, Kent Larson*
- Trumpet – Al Mattaliano, Ed Leddy, Lee Katzman, Phil Gilbert, Sam Noto, Vinnie Tanno
- Tuba – Jim McAllister*
- Written-By – Johnny Richards
NotesRecorded in New York City
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): T1-731
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): T2-731
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout stamped): - T1-731-N1 Anvil [Logo]
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout stamped): - T2-731-D15" Anvil [Logo]