Journey - Departure album
Style: Classic Rock
Date of release: 1996
Size MP3: 1947 mb
Size FLAC: 1192 mb
Format: MIDI XM AA APE VOX VQF MP2
Departure is the sixth studio album by American rock band Journey. It was released on February 29, 1980, by Columbia Records. Departure was Journey's highest-charting album to that point, giving them their first appearance in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 album charts, peaking at No. 8. The album includes "Any Way You Want It", the lead off track and top 25 single.
Produced by Geoff Workman and Kevin Elson (essentially both engineers turned producers), the album continued to build on the band's previous two recordings, but offered an added edge, arrangement-wise. This was likely due to the fact that the band had walked into Automatt Studios with 19 new tunes and proceeded to record most of them live, eventually trimming down to 11 songs.
Journey-Someday Soon(Departure) 3:32. Journey-People and Places(Departure) 5:05. Journey-Precious Time(Departure) 4:50. Journey-Where Were You(Departure) 3:01. Journey-I'm Cryin'(Departure) 3:43. Journey-Line of Fire(Departure) 3:06. Journey-Departure(Departure) 0:38.
Departure marks the end of Journey’s three-studio-album long transition into mainstream rock, their first one being Infinity in 1978, and their second one being Evolution in 1979. This was one of their most experimental albums. We named it that because there’s going to be a little bit of a musical change. We’re departing from some of our roots and keeping some. Perry also stated that the name meant that they were going to departure from their original viewpoint about studio recording.
Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве.
Album Name Departure. Дата релиза Март 1980. Лейблы Columbia Records CBS Records. 10. Good Morning Girl. Other productions from Journey.
With their fifth studio album, 1979's Evolution, Journey finally cracked the Top 20 of Billboard's album chart - and they soared even higher when they returned the next year with the follow-up, Departure. Released in March 1980, Departure arrived at a crucial moment during Journey's transition from jam-friendly experimental rock to an arena-ready mainstream sound, and found the band continuing to streamline its songwriting in an increasingly successful quest to invade Top 40 radio
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Any Way You Want It||3:21|
|2||Walks Like A Lady||3:16|
Lead Vocals – Rolie*, Perry*
|4||People And Places
Lead Vocals – Schon*, Perry*
|6||Where Were You||2:59|
|8||Line Of Fire||3:04|
|10||Good Morning Girl||1:43|
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Pressed By – Sony DADC Austria
- Published By – Weed High Nightmare Music
- Remastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Bass Guitar, Bass [Pedals], Vocals – Ross Valory
- Cover [Art] – Kelley*
- Cover [Lettering] – Mouse*
- Cover, Artwork By – Kelley*
- Design, Art Direction – Jim Welch
- Drums, Percussion – Steve Smith
- Engineer [Second] – Ken Kessie
- Guitar, Vocals – Neal Schon
- Keyboards, Harmonica, Vocals – Gregg Rolie
- Lead Vocals – Steve Perry
- Management – Carolina Bagnarol, Herbie Herbert
- Photography By – Peter Ogilvie
- Producer, Engineer [Engineered By], Mixed By – Geoff Workman
- Producer, Engineer [Live Sound] – Kevin Elson
- Remastered By – Bob Ludwig, Brian Lee
- Typography – Mouse*
- Written-By – G. Rolie* (tracks: 3, 7), N. Schon* (tracks: 1, 3 to 6, 8 to 12), R. Valory* (tracks: 4), S. Perry* (tracks: 1 to 8, 10 to 12), S. Smith* (tracks: 12)
NotesMade in Austria.
22 BIT digital transfer using Sony's SBM process.
Re-mastered at Gateway Mastering Studios, Portland, Maine.
© 1980, 1986, 1996 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
℗ 1980 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099748 666727
- Matrix / Runout (Variation 1): S0248666710-0101 33 A1
- Mastering SID Code (Variation 1): IFPI L553
- Mould SID Code (Variation 1): IFPI 944B
- Matrix / Runout (Variation 2): S0248666710- 0101 12 A3
- Mastering SID Code (Variation 2): IFPI L552
- Mould SID Code (Variation 2): IFPI 947A
- Rights Society: SACEM SACD SDRM SGDL
- Rights Society: BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Other: 02-486667-10
- Other (On back cover): CDM
|FC 36339||Journey||Departure (LP, Album)||Columbia||FC 36339||US||1980|
|none||Journey||Departure (LP, Album, lac)||CBS Inc.||none||US||1980|
|HC 46339||Journey||Departure (LP, Album, Hal)||Columbia||HC 46339||US||1981|
|DNW 2490||Journey||Departure (LP, Album)||CBS||DNW 2490||Zimbabwe||1980|
|FC 36339||Journey||Departure (LP, Album, San)||Columbia||FC 36339||US||1980|