Gary Numan - The Radio One Recordings album
Title: The Radio One Recordings
Style: New Wave, Synth-pop
Date of release: 1999
Size MP3: 1519 mb
Size FLAC: 1834 mb
Format: DTS MP3 VQF TTA AUD MP4 AU
Complete your Gary Numan collection. These cuts were all recorded at various sessions in 1979, the most important phase of Gary Numan's career.
Keyboards, Guitar – Gary Numan (tracks: 1 to 3). Liner Notes – Steve Malins. Producer – Bob Sargeant (tracks: 1 to 3), Jeff Griffin (tracks: 8 to 10), Tony Wilson (tracks: 4 to 7). Vocals – Gary Numan. Tracks 1-3 recorded for the John Peel Show 10/1/79. Tracks 4-7 recorded for the John Peel Show 29/5/79. Tracks 8-10 recorded at the Year Of The Child concert at Wembley Arena 30/11/79.
The Plan is an archival compilation album of early demo recordings by British new wave band Tubeway Army (the band name originally used by Gary Numan), released in 1984. While the demos on The Plan were originally recorded in 1977 and 1978, they remained unreleased until September 1984 when Numan's former label, Beggars Banquet Records, issued them a year after Numan left the label.
The Radio One Recordings brings together the pair of vinyl EPs that Strange Fruit released during the 1980s, to offer up a one-stop survey of Gary Numan and Tubeway Army's BBC session work at the end of the 1970s.
The Pleasure Principle is the debut solo studio album by English musician Gary Numan. Released about six months after Replicas (1979), the second album with his band Tubeway Army, The Pleasure Principle peaked at number 1 in the United Kingdom. The Pleasure Principle has been described as featuring synth-pop and new wave throughout. Numan completely abandoned electric guitar on the album.
The Radio One Recordings is a compilation album of British musician Gary Numan tracks played live and recorded live for BBC Radio 1. The album brings together the tracks from the July 1989 EP of Tubeway Army's 10 January 1979 and Numan's 29 May 1979 sessions for disc jockey John Peel's show and three tracks broadcast by BBC Radio 1. from the Year of the Child concert held at Wembley Arena on 30 November 1979. All tracks written by Gary Numan. Me! I Disconnect From You" – 3:07.
Live at Hammersmith Odeon 1989. Gary Numan & Ade Fenton. 2016 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. The Global Party Album 2016. Radio JXL - A Broadcast From The Computerhell Cabin. Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL. 2003.
Gary Numan 1979 The Radio One Recordings. 03 I Nearly Married A Human. 08 Me, I Disconnect From Yo. lac. 01 Me, I Disconnect From Yo.
|1||Me, I Disconnect From You||3:09|
|2||Down In The Park||4:19|
|3||I Nearly Married A Human||6:37|
|8||Me, I Disconnect From You||3:05|
|10||Down In The Park||5:02|
- Distributed By – Pinnacle
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BBC Music
- Copyright (c) – Strange Fruit
- Published By – Beggars Banquet Music Ltd.
- Glass Mastered At – DOCdata
- Bass – Paul Gardiner
- Composed By – Gary Numan
- Drums – Cedric Sharpley* (tracks: 4 to 10), Jess Lidyard (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Engineer – Chris Lycett (tracks: 8 to 10), Mike Robinson (tracks: 4 to 7), Neil Burn (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Guitar, Keyboards, Viola – Rrussell Bell (tracks: 8 to 10)
- Keyboards – Billy Currie (tracks: 4 to 10), Chris Payne (tracks: 4 to 10)
- Keyboards, Guitar – Gary Numan (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Liner Notes – Steve Malins
- Producer – Bob Sargeant (tracks: 1 to 3), Jeff Griffin (tracks: 8 to 10), Tony Wilson (tracks: 4 to 7)
- Vocals – Gary Numan
NotesTracks 1-3 recorded for the John Peel Show 10/1/79.
Tracks 4-7 recorded for the John Peel Show 29/5/79.
Tracks 8-10 recorded at the Year Of The Child concert at Wembley Arena 30/11/79.
Jewel case with 4 page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 6 05563 60812 2
- Barcode (String): 605563608122
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored): SFRSCD081 • MASTERED AT DOCDATA
- Mastering SID Code (Mirrored): IFPI LA31
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 4B13
|CELCD 038 (PM)||Gary Numan||The Radio One Recordings (CD, Comp)||Celebration||CELCD 038 (PM)||Spain||1996|
|302 061 064 2||Gary Numan||The BBC Sessions (CD, Album)||Fuel 2000||302 061 064 2||US||2000|